Eric Berry - very funny highlight

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not Rugby and I never mention either sport.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Rugby/Australian Rules Football

same difference to me - cousins if you will

I'd like to see Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, Roy Williams out there "bumping" some skinny white dudes.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There would just be a pile of unathletic white guys on a blood stained field. With all the concussions (with pads) nfl players suffer, I don't know why the pads thing is brought up by the euros.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah...just completely different.

So would I. But it will never happen.

Point is, Berry's hit isn't a big hit.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If there were no pads, tackling techniques would be different.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

True. I doubt there'd be any leading with the head, that's for sure. But these guys have to hit the way they do, therefore need the padding (even need more than they currently have) they have.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The sport most compared to American Football is Rugby. And the argument is all about pads.

I see the differences that most who don't follow American Football don't.
    Pads actually allow you to hit harder and have a different technique. Rugby you drop the shoulder and try to get your head out of the way when tackling.

Rugby everyone is in front of you and it's sort of man on man for most of it. You don't get gang tackles like you do in American Football and you see who is coming.

Rugby you lead with your forearms to try the tackle, Football you drop the shoulder and take the tackle. If you did it vice versa you'd probably have a broken forearm and separated shoulder.

I appreciate both sports for their differences in technique. I don't think one is tougher than the other either.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The berry hit came against a top college RB running down field with pads down. He pounded him!

How much better can a safety fill than that? How much better could he have done his job?

Now some guy in hot pants, no pads running full speed upright head focused on the ball might get hurt more from a shoulder underneath the rib cage but is it harder?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HYzZzufMRU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HYzZzufMRU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How is this for dropping your shoulder technique? The titans future WR!

10. JayMizzle

JayMizzle Camp Fodder

Man Eric Berry is the truth...that hit has ruthless!! Im glad I saw him when I went to UT, he is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar