Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

CJ. He is a game changer. Eddie was not.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

EG = Mule
    CJ = Race Horse

What you want too do determines which is best

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

your kidding right? I thought for sure an old timer like you could produce a better Eddie > CJ argument than that..

I could litter this thread with a bunch of CJ "lets see Eddie do that" highlights.

CJ is better, period. He blows Eddie away in every statistical category. He's even got more TD's through his first 3 seasons than Eddie had through his first FOUR.

Eddie was NEVER considered the best runningback in the league, CJ was the best.

Please man, lets see Eddie run for 2000 yards in 1 season, and not need 700 carries to get there.

A lot of you old fans size Eddie so much but in all honesty hes one of the most overrated runningbacks of this decade, and I watched both play. He was a SOLID power runningback, he had heart and leadership, but hes not a hall of famer, and hes no where near the game changer CJ is.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how many PO games have the Titans won with such an awsome game changer?

You must not be familiar at all with 97-03 Oilers/Titans. Those teams would completly dominate and crush the opposition's will, and still need an Col. Klank FG to pull out the win thanks to fish face.

I remember a game against the Giants in Nashville where Titan D held Thunder & Lighting, supposedly the best RB combo in the game, to like 17 yards on 20 carries. Still only beat them like 17-13 or something. Gotta keep it close even when you can put them away early

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I picked Chris Johnson because I think Chris Johnson has Hall of Fame potential. What hes shown so far... you can't knock him.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he had a 'diva' moment in the biggest game hes played in as a Titan.

I'll knock that every time

7. TheSureThing

1 less than Barry Sanders.

Good argument :sarcasm:

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wasn't under the impression that a 21 year old was an "old-timer".

Again, you're looking solely at stats which is what seems to attract everyone to CJ. Eddie was a leader. CJ is not. Eddie stiff armed on a regular basis. CJ cannot. Eddie always went forward and fought for every yard. CJ gets wrapped up and slammed to the ground for negative yardage on a regular basis.

How many times has CJ worn down a defense? Never.

How many times did Eddie wear down a defense? Every time he was on the field.

This is a new decade now... and CJ is one of the most overrated RBs of this decade. This video will show that Eddie had plenty of moves which people seem to forget. He's built like a running back should be. CJ is not... which is why his career will be cut short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK3c4GzN4pE

CJ is one of the best RBs in the league, but I can think of 4 or 5 others who I would honestly rather have. He's definitely NOT the best in the league.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, since the talent on the Titans from 1999 to now is really comparable to that of any Lions team. :rolleyes:

I can guarantee you if we had Eddie in his prime in 2003 and 2008 we'd have won the Super Bowl both years. And if his ankle got hurt, he would've sucked it up and played.

10. TheSureThing

Oh, and the talent on the 97-03 Oilers/Titans is comparable to the Talent to the 2008-2010 Titans?

Sounds pretty biased to me..

We can play the "How many times" game all day, and you can act like I've forgotten who Eddie George was. I haven't, I remember his stiff arms for 0 yard gains, I remember him plowing through tacklers for a hard earned yard or 2, and I remember his pregame huddle chants that apparently make him a better runningback for some strange reason...

Your argument is so shallow its not even funny. CJ isn't "built like a runningback should be"??? What kind of BS is that? Who cares as long as the dude is getting yards? Eddie WAS built like a runningback "should be" and he only rushed for 4 yards per carry TWICE in his career.

Who are you to say CJ has never worn down a defense? Have you suited up against him in your life?

What you call wearing down a defense is apparently rushing for 2.5 ypc and getting 35 carries of that crap because Fisher doesn't know what hes doing. What I call wearing down a defense is watching 11 grown men chase 1 small "not built like a runningback should be" man for 4 quarters until they can't help but watch him break an 80 yard home run because no one has any gas left to catch him.

Eddie's miniscule success was the biggest product of Fisherball this world will ever see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar