Eddie George Interested In Owning Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I have no doubts Eddie genuinely wants what's best for the Titans, but the subject is a little above his head, and he should keep his comments to himself.

Our long time (ONLY) owner died. Any team would be in transition in terms of their ownership/front office. Tommy Smith was forced into a role above his head really, and did a nice job bridging the gap IMO (he also wasn't stingy, he opened his check book).

Now we can find a CEO who knows what he's doing, and will be Nashville based.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

why cant eddie speak his mind? everyone else does...

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Because his "mind" gets published and quoted. He's allowed to speak his mind as we all are, but there's a difference between your comments on here and another guy's comments being published.

Sure he can say what he wants, but leave issues that our above his head alone. I just think he's wrong Lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Publicly trashing a team is probably the worst way to get hired by that team.

If Eddie George had a plan to fix the Titans, he would do what a reasonable businessman would do and pitch that idea to the Titans privately. You don't have to be a billionaire to figure that out.

I think it's fairly clear he has no idea what he's doing.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Pretty much what I'm saying. Wayyyyy above his head.

6. JCBRAVE

Its obvious what needs to be done to fix this mess, everyone knows the answers, just a matter of getting a few more players and moving forward with them in 2015. Winning cures all.

I agree this wasn't a smart move for someone hoping to take on a role with the franchise but I apriciate his honesty on the topic

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah I appreciate the honesty, too. And I don't think he's wrong.

I just don't think he's helping his cause of actually getting a role with the organization. But who knows? The Titans have made some really dumb decisions so maybe they would hire a guy who publicly trashed the team.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He spoke the truth. Why does the truth but hurt people so much. I wish more people would speak the truth rather than give us bull****. I don't see how this hurts his chances if he even has a chance. What is he supposed to say? If he said the opposite you all would get on him for being ignorant and naive and say it's over his head. He spoke the truth good for Eddie. The world needs more truth not feel good bs like most would give.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

That's what my friend used to always say to the bank teller. "Insufficient funds?? Y'all better not be insufficient with MY funds!"

10. JCBRAVE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar