Economy Car

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VolnTitan, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

It probably actually does have a whistle, since the horn might clutter up the under-the-hood space.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a 2006 Civic (coupe). I love it.

Averages about 32-33 MPG... and it's got a nice look to it. I just hit 100,000 miles the other day, but I bought it when it had 52k on it.
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Acura doesn't make a car with good gas mileage (at least not that I know of).

Nissan does have the Sentra and Versa which have great gas mileage, but they're ugly cars. My dad has an Altima... has a nice look to it and gets about 29-30 MPG on average. That's not a bad choice.

I'd still stick to a Honda.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

You can't go wrong with Nissan cars. I haven't driven any of their trucks, but the cars are top-notch. I had a '95 Maxima that had 120,000 miles on it when I bought it(my first car). It had over 200,000 when I crashed it and during those 80,000+ miles the only thing it needed was for the fuel injectors to be flushed out. I'd probably still be driving it if I wasn't a moron.

Unfortunately the Altimas and Maximas are pretty expensive new or close to new, so I had to go another route for my second car.... Don't buy a Saturn.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ended up going with the Elantra. Got a good deal and more features than any car at it's price.
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

its a rice burner, make sure the North Korean shrapnel is removed.

lol - just ribbing you. Its your money do what you want.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I'm not as much worried about high gas prices since I'm now so used to getting raped filling my Durango. I filled it up for $88.98 the other day. It's dumb to keep pushing that thing around when there's so many better cars out there, but it is a one of a kind Durango, and since I drive on the sidewalks, I need clearance, so I keep it.
  8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hey I'm going from roughly 13 mpg and $400-500 a month in gas to 35+ mpg and less than a hundred a month...I'm way ok with that.
  9. Smash

Smash Soccer God

They're coming this year. Peugeot, Volvo, Mercedes among those. I'm pretty sure Toyota is almost ready with one too.
    http://www.gizmag.com/volvo-v60-plug-in-diesel-hybrid/17940/

What about the Chevy Volt? (in Europe it's the Opel Ampera). It's using it's gas engine to power the battery and the secondary electric engine (which is acts as a genereator when braking). The gas engine is not connected to the wheels, only the electric engines.
    It's rated to 145 MPG (62,5 km/l)
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.