Rumor Dumb Mariota Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

That's a fairly absurd statement. Not all players who progressed in college keep progressing in the NFL.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

personality traits dont change tho, mariota is a competitor, he wont allow himself to stay the same

3. TorontoTitanFan

Jake Locker might have been the hardest working Titans player ever.

4. JCBRAVE

ok and?

youre reaching there

Locker didnt get better in college, he was pretty much always who he was

and we arent talking about work ethic, we're talking about a guys make-up.

if you don't believe Mariota will come back better than ever you haven't been paying attention at all, the guy is his own biggest critic

5. TorontoTitanFan

Maybe if you spout off a few more cliches your argument will actually have some merit.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

It already does, Mariota is the most cliche player there ever was

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Locker was always a reach and inaccurate/raw

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He's a tweener. You have guys on here touting his versatility to play LB/Nickelback/Safety. That's not a good thing, unless you play Dime defense all the time.

What that means is that he's too small to play LB full time and too big to play Safety in deep coverage. Again, not a good thing. Ask Shaq Thompson how that worked out for him this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Outside of the fragile remark I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. He had four great games that consisted of 14 TD passes and 3 INTs. The other eight games he had five TD passes and seven INTs. The ten fumbles continued a ball security issue from college.

I'm not really sold, but the game never looked like it was too big for him either.

EDIT: Oh, I should have known when I saw this thread was on page five that it would have devolved into Tunsil vs Ramsey. Carry on.

#49 Fry, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hahahahaha....I think Mariota has the goods...He does need to take care of the ball better though. Can't argue that at all with regards to his fumbling. The INT's don't bother me as much because we were 1 dimensional and couldn't run...and our Wide Receivers couldn't run routes to save their lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar