Drew Brees: HOFer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 8, 2010.

?
  1. Yup

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, still has something to prove

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:facepalm2::nono: You are missing what I'm saying. What I was getting at is; if you put Brees in the HOF for having big stats, then you might as well toss Collins in also. Not because Collins has done anything good, but because he also has the stats that would send a player there. Not in any single season, but in his career. Which is how you find your way to Canton, by having a long career with big numbers. Collins only trails Favre then Manning in yards at this point. No one is in the HOF from one single season. Otherwise C.J. is a HOFer right now. I mean C.J. like Brees should be there, but not yet. They need more wins, more highlights, and more everything.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You just don't know what you're talking about, that's all. Collins has almost 40,000 yards because he's been in the damn league for 10 years longer then Brees. Drew Brees has the single highest pass completion thru a season EVER. When I think Drew Brees all I can think of in my head is 60 yard passes landing in the receivers hands and they streak down the field. I don't know what this crap you speak is. Vince has more memorable plays? Collins has numbers that say he's good enough? Drew Brees has thrown for 5,000 yards in a season, and he's completed 7 out of every 10 balls thru a whole season. Brees squashes Vince and Kerry with his pinky finger

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Check your sources, friend. Brees has been dominating this league for the past 6 years, not just one year.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

JC, 4/20 is over half a year away.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

JC, you're misunderstanding the stats. The stats posted by Brees are impressive are impressive because of how few seasons they have been amassed in. In the reverse, Collins' stats aren't impressive because of how long it has taken him to get them. That being said, Collins' stats are impressive, mostly in that he's held a job in the NFL long enough to throw that much. That being said, no one would argue that collins is a hall of famer.

On the debate as a whole, I think Manning and Brees are both hall of famers. Manning could have a heart attack tomorrow and he'd get in, just because of his amazing streak of production over the last twelve years, combined with his super bowl win and 3.5 MVPs. Brees would be on the cusp if he didn't play another full season, just because he saved New Orleans by bringing them back from Katrina with a Super Bowl win. Of course, that's giving him extra credit, but he gets it none the less. I'd expect him to have several more solid if not excellent seasons, and in that case, especially if he gets to or wins another super bowl, offensive player of the year, or MVP, then he's a lock.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

who make the HOF first? Brady,Brees or manning?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Whoever retires first. I'd put my money on Brady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar