Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Dre Bly?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I think that we really need to go and get Bly. The guy is a pro-bowler and can still play CB, despite the fact that he is aging. He would also be a great mentor to Pacman.
  2. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    Um...

Do you think Bly is BETTER than Samuel or Clements? Do you think he's equal to them?

If not, why would we pursue a less talented player who'll want a sizeable contract extension and we'd have to give up a draft pick for the priviledge.

And did I mention he's a small CB at 5'9. Having 2 5'9 CB's is not ideal...especially when we face the Jags!

Since we have the cap room, why not get one of the top tier CB's for a better upgrade to the secondary for only a few mil more a year and we can keep the draft pick?!?!?

Gut
  3. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Sometimes it's about getting better value rather than splurging for the best insanely expensive player...
  4. Sledge Guest

They traded Joey for a conditional 6th, they'll deal Bly for a 5th. Remember Marinelli ain't too fond of good ol Dre... I think Pac could learn something from him... Although we all know Pac is a God and needs to teaching...
  5. Sledge Guest

Look, you make good points, but Pac ain't exactly Bobby Taylor size-wise either... Here's what I think: Both Samuel and Clements will be franchised (Clements more likely), and we'll be stuck picking the best of the rest, which ain't much as far as I see...
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Clements can't be franchised. The Bills agreed not to when they signed him to his 1-year deal last year.
  7. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    I just read somewhere that part of the deal that Nate signed included a clause that would prevent Buffalo from franchising him
  8. Sledge Guest

shoot you're right forgot about that... ok, so maybe we have a shot after all...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,380
    I am surprise more players don't do this.

Although if I were a player I wouldn't mind getting top 5 money every year.
  9. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    you might if you played in Buffalo :clown:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.