Drafting Aaron Murray would make too much sense for Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JiminyBillyBob, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Because if he's listed at 6'1" he's really 5'11"

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Both Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger have Super Bowl rings because they can throw with guys draped all over them, size matters.

Jake Locker is 2 years behind where he should be because he's small. Every batted ball he's ever thrown is because he's hardily 6-feet tall. I'd prefer we avoid doing that again.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It is short, when you're considering you have mammoths blocking for you that you have to be able to see over, and you have monsters like JJ Watt with their bear paws sticking up about a couple feet over your head, trying to bat down your passes. If they're listed at 6'1, they could easily be 5'11-6' in reality.

Is it a myth? We can only name a few successful QBs in the NFL that aren't tall. They seem to be exceptions to the rule, not a new rule.

I am reserving my judgments entirely on this kid, because I've never seen a down of football he's played.

But unless this is a lock for being a once in a generation player.. it's a fool's errand to spend a 1st round pick on him. NFL careers are frighteningly short anyway, to have a whole year guaranteed lost is significant.

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Then I guess Drew Brees defied logic.

5. nickmsmith

Hype sells, I guess. Look at that QB from mizzou that the Jags took a few years ago (forgetting his name.) he was entirely built on unsubstantiated hype. He did have the size, but nothing else.
    exactly.

yes, he did. He is a rare talent to overcome his physical limitations.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well the guy did play in the SEC, and had plenty of success doing it. I don't see how height is an issue for him.

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I still think there is nothing wrong with drafting the kid in Rd. 3-4. The Seahawks took a risk with Wilson in Rd.3 and he panned out to be pretty good despite his size. At least that way we would'nt again waist a 1st Rd pick on a QB who might or might not be a franchise QB.

8. nickmsmith

Completely on board with that idea. No idea what to expect in the draft anymore, especially with QBs. EJ Manuel came out of nowhere this past year. People reach like crazy for QBs, thanks to roger goodell, it is about the only position that matters anymore.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Can we stop using "he played in the SEC" as a reason to draft someone? Ask Chance Warmack how that prepared him for the NFL.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm only using that because the SEC has athletes that are 'big'. It wasn't like the guy was playing against Rennie Currians', who is ironically from UGA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar