Drafting Aaron Murray would make too much sense for Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JiminyBillyBob, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

We have Jake Locker under contract for another year and we have yet to see him play an entire season. In my opinion the jury is still out on him. Can he stay healthy? Can he continously play at a high level?
    With that being unknown, I think it would be premature to spend another first round pick on a QB. I believe Murray if healthy would warrant a late first to early second round pick, but he will most likely drop to the third round because of his ACL injury.
    I would really like for the Titans to draft him, sit him behind Locker to let him completely recover from his injury. That way Locker would have another chance to prove that he can be a franchise QB and if he can't then we can give Murray a shot.
    We could use our 1st Rd pick to draft either DE or OT and significantly improve our team.
    However, this makes too much sense for the Titans and we probably waste our first pick on someone like Tajh Boyd.
    Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think if Munch wants to stick around, he has to take a QB pretty early. I also think that Murray is the safest, and most complete QB in the draft. I know people say this guy doesn't have an 'arm', but they said the same thing about Manning coming out. I watched a good amount of UGA football the last year and more, the guy can throw the rock.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I know he is injured right now but he can't be injury prone like locker can he? I honestly don't follow much college so I do not know his history either. I just want a QB that can stay healthy and throw from the pocket!

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I believe this is his first time missing games, off the top of my head anyway. He isn't a runner and knows when to get rid of the ball and not take shots. Think Aaron Rodgers.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

awesome then! I hope we get this guy and locker can be backup.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If we take a qb in the 2nd, it better be either one of the top 4 guys or Murray. If we take Boyd, Mccaron, or Mettenberg over Murray I will slap the person sitting next to me.

That said, I believe in Webster. I think he has a good eye for real talent. If that's the case then we won't make that mistake.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

:catfight:

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. JiminyBillyBob

Here is what sticks out about him:

High Fotball IQ
    Good accuracy
    Can make all NFL throws
    Pocket Passer with mobility to escape pressure
    Ball placement

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

It's a tough situation with Murray though because you don't want to spend a 2nd on another guy that may end up getting hurt. Then again, you don't want to risk it and wait til the 4th because there is no way he lasts that long. Dammit Webster why did you have to give up our 3rd round pick this year?!?!

10. JiminyBillyBob

He is not injury prone. He started 45 games in college. As far as I know this is his first injury.
    We can always trade down with our 1st pick, get additional picks and draft him in the third.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar