Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Hear this then ya douche.. Watkins is 6 feet tall on the nose. The top receivers: Fitzgerald is 6'3, Calvin Johnson is 6'5, AJ Green is 6'4, and even the receiver who had the most yards this season Josh Gordon is taller at 6'3. Although Watkins is possibly in the mid 4.4's for a 40 yard dash time, he's not a great route runner. Not to mention that although he is coming off a fantastic Junior year, he had a Sophomore slump. He has injury issues, not to mention has an arrest record and was suspended for 2 games while at Clemson. Although Watkins played great, don't forget about the conference he played in, the horrible ACC.
    His best games were against Virginia and Maryland in the ACC who finished 68th and 57th respectively in passing yards allowed.

Oh and that great game he had against OSU. The Ohio State secondary ranked 110th this year out of 123 FBS teams in terms of passing yards allowed.

HEAR THAT CHUMP!

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Did I hit a nerve? Since when did name calling help your argument? Did you get your conversation skills from trailer park parents?

3. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Did you read the facts I provided to backup my argument compared to you who just points out the obvious and never says anything intellectual or provides something for people to actually think about?!

It's not name calling if it's true. Just like it's not an opinion if it's factual.

4. Clark

Lol. Oh okay. Yes. I'm sorry I questioned your opinion. Asked for the reason of which you said so... And then you come acting like a clown. Real brilliant.

Watkins isn't your standard run of the mil 6 foot WR. He's also not going to be used as megatron or green. He's a playmaking WR with the ball in his hands that while he may not run the smoothest routes, he creates. He's a weapon that is hard to stop when the offense is tailored to his strengths. But yes. Continue.

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

I told you why I think he'll be a bust you didn't tell me why you think he's going to be an elite wide receiver. Why do you think he's so special compared to other average receivers? He is not as tall as the average Wide Receiver (6'2), he weighs average at 205. In college Watkins was successful because he could out run everyone, that's why a major aspect of his plays were handoffs and dump offs, but that won't work at the pro level. Defenses are faster and stronger. Another aspect of Watkins game is the ability to get yards after contact. He won't be bigger than the defenses he faces in the NFL so he will not have that aspect of his game be effective.

It's just a personal opinion though and I really just started this argument to be a devil's advocate. With these things and judging players none of us know besides that Seahawks GM, who ESPN should hire to replace Mel Kiper/Todd McShay.

6. Clark

He's a slightly bigger Harvin. Who is considered a top WR. Many of the same strengths. Returner, speed, strength, open field prowess.

Harvin is 190 at 5'11. Used similarly in college.

Watkins will not be green or megatron. Completely different game. But effective and explosive.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm not exactly the biggest Watkins fan but you left out that he absolutely demolished Georgia and had a pretty good game against the eventual champions in FSU. Personally I see Watkins as like an Antonio Brown meets Mike Wallace. They're both really good players but I'm not willing to give an arm and a leg for them. If he turns out to be Desean Jackson with speed though I'll eat my words.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

If Titans go wideout, I think a big body would be most beneficial....A) something we don't truly have B) helps in red zone C) nice big target for a questionable Jake Locker D) Wright can go to the slot and gash defenses. I think Watkins will be good, but he won't be Megatron, and would he fit us???! Truth is, he won't be at #11 anyway, so moot point I guess guys.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good points. Watkins is like taking a mix of Cordarrelle Patterson / Harvin and AJ Greene. No, he isn't 6'4 but he plays big with outstanding body control, leaping ability and catches the ball at it apex with his hands like Jeffery. He plays way taller than his ht.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A combination of 3 different guys? That makes no sense. He is physically similar to Harvin. How he is considered the 2nd best player in this draft is a puzzle to me especially when he had a drug arrest in 2012. If he runs a 4.32 40 at the combine then we can talk about him as separate from Evans or Lee but right now he is a similar caliber prospect to them in my book.

In 2012 he was good but not dominant and missed 2 games with the suspension from the arrest. Why are people talking like he is a even better prospect than AJ Green or Julio Jones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar