Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Take a good hard look at our overall Offensive numbers...BLEAK stats there man. Tell me that defenses respect this offense both with the run and or the pass?!?!?!?

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I just feel like, unless somehow Watkins falls to you at #11, ya have to go with another position due to needs/holes. Completion percentage or not, this team needs a CONSISTENT and non-injury prone QB on the list of importance before a position that we already have at least 2-3 solid options.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are our of your depth with the statistics young man. Peyton Manning completed 68% of his passes, our Qbs completed 61%.If our Qbs complete 68% like Manning that is less than 2 extra completions per game.

As for chucking it long our Qbs averaged the same yards per attempt that Tom Brady did. 7 yards per attempt is average. We averaged 10.6 yards a completion that is average. You can't just make stupid comments you have to back them up with real stats. Anybody who watched Brady or Manning play knows they are not throwing it deep all the time.

As for Wright destroying his numbers that is stupid. Wright had 94 catches. On some other teams he might not get targeted 94 times.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI Damaryius Thomas led the nfl with over 700 yac yards. Half his yards were after the catch!

That's 43 passing yards per game that P Manning got from his legs. That's what a great receiver can do for a QB.

Wright had 596 yac yards or 37 yards per game.

Average receivers can't do that.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We can agree to disagree which is what makes the forum fun, but don't speak down to me with "young man" bs like I am some young punk kid...I understand your points, I even agree with some. The problem is, we went out the past 2 years and got a receiving TE and 2 wideouts early, and here we are with the exact same problems. So we don't need a change at QB, and a WR will change everything right?

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think Watkins is a great pick at #11, if he is there..Which he won't be....I stated earlier that he is a walk on #1, and you can't pass that up...then maybe you unload a few guys and build elsewhere....I just truly don't think he will be, and our QB's are nothing special. Something has to change there obviously...

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Btw, Thomas is on a stacked team of receivers, TE's, and damn near everything... One of the best offenses in the game/history. Easy to get open and have defenses guessing /on the edge because they have so many weapons and a HOF QB. Come on man, no comparison. Wright had himself and a washed up CJ....

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I think the likely hood is he is gone, but there is a scenario where Watkins may be available at 11.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If you don't have offensive tackles to protect your iffy QB, then it's pointless to draft a WR. Not to mention we have 2 great, young WR's already and we have plenty of depth at the position.

Is this thread really still going on?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

We are losing Britt, Nate is getting old, and who knows how long we will have D-Will for. Our depth isn't as good as it sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar