Don't get your hopes up about Titans and WRs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

While I'll give you that, say we do draft a WR in the first/second round, when do you think he's going to see the field?
    Look what happened to Hawk this year. I just don't think he sat the bench because he 'wasn't learning plays fast enough'. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it was more politics than anything. I think JMac had the 'Reynaldo Hill' protection from either Fish, Dinger or both.
    And the 'Fisher doesn't like to play rookies' cliche' has all but been played out. If that were truly the case, then CJ, JJ, and Hayes wouldn't have gotten the playing time that they did.

So even if the FO does appease everyone and gets WR in the first round (which you know they won't), unless he's already known to be top-notch (like CJ) he's not going to see much playing time.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

But they do it in a stupid way. Pickens was the only guy where it was just bad luck, Givens and Thigpen weren't going to be spectacular. I think we made a mistake at passing on Berrian. Some say the Vikings overpayed but I figured he was going to get better because he was about to hit his prime and would be getting into an offense where they pass more.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd be content with Gage, Hawkins and Jones as the top three.

If we draft a WR in round 1 or 2 I won't be any displeased but it probably means Hawkins gets lost in the rotation and I'd like to see how he goes as a starter.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I just don't understand that. The scant few times I've seen Hawk on the field, he did what he was supposed to.
    I'm also failing miserably to see what JMac can do (pass-catching wise) that Hawk can't.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I wouldnt draft a WR unless he was tall, fast and had good hands.

i just wouldnt waste a pick on another normal WR. we need a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson type WR.... and im not taking about them cause of how good they are, but the way they are built is how a WR should be imo. you can work on the rest, but you need that god giving ability and body.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Neither do I, but Gage is lock as #1, Jones will be resigned (in this scenario) so he will play, and the pick in round 1 or 2 will play for being that pick which means Hawk is #4.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

'
    Sorry but I don't see that, for a couple reasons:
    -It's not set in stone that we will draft a WR in the early rounds/besides we pick way late in the first round for their to be a playmaker WR available
    -What makes you think Hawk won't wind up keeping the slot/#3, or even 2 by the end of TC?

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I just want someone to step up beside Gage and make plays consistently whether it be Jones,Hawk or whoever we bring in. Sometimes i wish Scaife was a few pounds lighter and a little bit quicker,we'd be all set at WR:ha:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is only if we draft a WR in rounds 1 or 2 and sign Jones. Otherwise I think Hawk is at least the #3.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I've got as much hope for Hawk as the next guy, but the fact is last week, in our most important game of the year, Hawk wasn't even active. Chris Davis and Paul Williams were both active instead. So obviously he hasn't done something right, or he would have at least been on the active roster. Especially considering the talent of his competition. :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar