Don't get too excited, 3-0 but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The 3-0 start is a nice bonus, but nothing to get overly excited about - no matter who we beat, actually. If we had laid it to the Colts, Pats and Cowboys we still should be cautioning it's only September.

The thing to be excited about is the WAY we've been winning:
    1) The offense hasn't been a highlight reel, but we're leading the league in red-zone efficiency. Mr. Chow, I rest my case.
    2) Everybody on the defense is making plays - every position, backups and starters. On the rare occasion someone rips one on them, they make up for it by absolutely stuffing them in the red-zone.
    3) Everyone on the offense is making plays. CJ has been great, but he's not been controlling every game. LW is money in the 2nd half. Scaife is getting back into the action. Gage and JMac are showing up. Collins is making plays when we need them. It's just a great team effort so far.
    4) We're not playing mistake-free, but we're able to overcome the mistakes. INTs, personal fouls, kickoff coverage lapses... When you can recover from those things early in the season you've got a great chance at dominating when you get the mistakes corrected.

There's a lot behind the record to be excited about. A rookie RB that has been quietly killer in pass protection. Backups on the D line and in the secondary who look like they could start in this league. Both coordinators have their units playing as a team early in the season, when most teams are still struggling to get on the same page. We could be 1-2 now and I'd still like what I see on the field.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Enter Chris Johnson, Mr 4.2

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

May I nominate the Rams for the exception?

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Of course the other teams in your division aren't exactly rushing powerhouses. Rankings of the other 3 teams for the past 2 years: 27th, 30th, 31st, 15th 23rd, 32nd.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm sure it's because they play the Vikings twice a year! Those two games pull their entire averages down! They average negative yards when they play the vikings!

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I was checking out some stats and I was kind of surprised CJ is 7th in the NFL in rushing yards. I didn't know that. I just felt like sharing.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

outlandish prediction: CJ breaks single game rushing record Sunday.

me--->:makefun::eek::eek::eek: <---purple people in dismay

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well I predict Griffin, Finnegan(2), and Bulluck get INT's. Griffin returns his for a TD. Finnegan snags 2.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ok, i'll allow that one. i think USC could probably beat the rams right now.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Vandy could beat em...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar