Does Rob Bironas surpass Al Del Greco as leading scorer in Titans history this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 7, 2013.

1. World Peace

World Peace n/a

There would certainly be a chance if Jeff Fisher were coach. It's a slim chance with Munchak. At this point, we might be pressed to put up 145 points in a season the way our offense looked at times.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Not with Fisher gone, lol

edit: fu eric with a k stop stealing my swag
  3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Your right with the whole Greco end of career screwage, but Rob has shown he is consistent and clutch throughout his career.

Good kickers sometime have an off year, but they rebound. (Not that Rob was horrible last year, but it was definitely not elite.) Ima say he can bounce back to that level for hopefully 5 years, thinkin at least three.

I'd rather have a guy that is money from inside 45 yard FG's week in/week out and clutch, then some guy who can boot it 50+ sometimes and get alotta touchbacks on kick offs.

Say Kern has a serious leg, he should see what he can do on kick-offs. That guy can boom em, maybe keep Rob's leg fresh.

The argument can be made that KO's keep kickers fresh so, he might still wanna kick some depending on the how many kicks and stuff in that game. But i think Kern can def help him stay fresh but not too loaded (not that we score that many points anyway... lol)
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I don't think so this year, but certainly 2 years from now.
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

This thread just reminded me. For my 2013 NFL fantasy team I will be sure to take the Rams kicker.
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We haven't really seen how truly clutch Bironas is yet.

We haven't won a playoff game with him.

He's only made three playoff field goals in his career and he just so happened to miss the biggest one of his career against the Ravens.
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Who can forget Del Greco and that 50 yard FG against the Eagles in Philadelphia.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

That was definitely my greatest memory of him, but he screwed it all up by missing a PAT at a home regular season against the Ravens and then sucking horrendously in the playoffs against the Ravens.

I thought we had no chance on that kick in Philly due to the cold surface. I was 11 years old and remember running through my dad's house freaking out.

Without looking at the score, I think we won 15-13... All field goals, I believe. I'm pretty good with our scores from any season.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

Just looked the score up....

Like a boss.