Does Reinfeldt keeps his job after 2011?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Reinfeldt is better than Polian.

Polian traded away a 1st rounder for Ugoh, who was a bust, and he's already basically admitted that Jerry Hughes was a bust after his first year, where Carlos Dunlap did much more, picked later. Donald Brown is a bust, Addai has not been stellar. Gonzalez has been an oft injured bust. Fili Moala was supposed to be the savior at DT, and has not been great.

They have huge gaps, and Manning continues to make him look good. Polian sucks as a GM. They have serious issues at every position besides DE and QB.

Go to Coltfreaks.com and see how Polian's doing. He sucks. Every GM looks stupid at some point, because the draft is a crapshoot, but Polian has messed up for years now.

Reinfeldt at least saves his busts for the 2nd round. His 1sts have been pretty spot-on.

On a side note: did anyone think Paul Williams was going to turn out well??

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I know Fisher said that at one point, but whenever Hawk is active, he makes plays. He got a fumble recovery and several tackles.

Overall, I think Reinfeldt is very good. He can't really control Fisher's refusal to let young players in certain positions learn and make mistakes on the field.

3. KyTitan

KyTitan Rookie

I voted no, but on further review would change to yes.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Polian struck gold with Garcon a total unknown from D3 but other than that what has he really done? Lots of 1st round busts and underachievers. A few good receivers like White and Collie and he had a nice pickup with Tamme and as I said Garcon could be a #1 one day but those people all have 1 thing in common, it's the guy who's throwing to them. Not that Manning can turn everyone into a star but if all Polian can find are receivers, it doesn't say a whole lot about him.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

All three of his first round picks have produced superstars. Britt Griff and CJ. He's also about 50/50 on players making it or not, which is also good. No reason to get rid of him, just find a coach who can evaluate talent.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He was not drafting players in Seattle he was mainly responsible for contracts and cap issues.

Until a guy is ultimately and primarily responsible for drafting players you can't really judge him. He certainly isn't over spending that's for sure.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rennie curran a good pick? lol. Try waste of a pick.

What is there to develop with him he was one of thr smallest and slowest linebackers at the combine last year and was at the absolute bottom of our depth chart. We signed guys who were cut from other teams and they were ahead of him.

He wasn't even good on special teams.

Mcgrath as a rookie in 09 got to play when Thornton went down and did some good things and showed some athletic ability. OLB is not a position that requires 4 years to learn to play.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You sure about Curran being slow. Any scouting report seemed to disagree. He didn't look slow at Georgia.

I see him as a more athletic Tulloch clone. We can't really comment much on his special teams because he was barely activated.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd say the Titans have some of the worst scouts in the league. Can't expect a GM to do well when the scouts are telling him Marks is worth a 2nd rounder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Took awhile before I voted on this one, I vote no.

I'm under the impression that MR lobbied to keep Fisher this final year, and I so strongly disagree. So if Fisher and the team flops in 2011, I feel MR is also accountable, and we'll need a clean start.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar