Does Reese survive this?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Jeff we are dead last against the run with Sirmon at MLB ..............and I know we can be dead last with Tulloch there............................my betand that of others is we are better with Tulloch in the Middle.................that is precisely why Fisher is questioned.............and should be.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

everyone knows Sirmon is history next yr..................so when exactly should we evaluate what we have in Tulloch..............next preseason? Logic would say we are 2-5 on our way to maybe 4 wins.................put the young kid in .....................the same reason we wasted 3.5 mil on KCollins...................Fisher biases are wasteful.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

we're 31st, Indy is dead last

But your point is taken

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree.
    What time is the familly reunion Saturday?:))

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with Fisher. It's his history though.

If you read some older threads here, you'll see I have been very critical of Fisher at times. For example, I pointed out a lot of issues during the '05 bye week before much of the media began questioning his handling of Pacman. And I was for our current OL configuration before the season began. I'm still baffled Piller is on the team.

$3.5 mil? He wishes. ;)

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Even more amazing when you consider Brad Johnson is only making $1.2 (about what we are paying KC I believe). Yes, Fisher stays with vets to a fault sometimes, but he plays it safe for the most part. Those down on Sirmon confuse me, I don't see him playing that bad at all. Bulluck has just as much trouble getting off blocks. Sirmon isn't Urlacher, but then, no one is. EG was probably here a year too long, but before that he was fine. We didn't run EG to get 150 yards a game, we ran him to punish people and slow down the pass rush. He was good at that until he lost a step, then it was hard to watch holes open up and he couldn't get there.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Yeah, well those who said Andre Woolfolk was a good tackler because he was always a step late in coverage confuse me too.

Sirmon is two steps too slow. You don't see him playing that bad becuase he not even in the play.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

brutal but true

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have been down on Fisher at times too. He has made some real questionable decisions during games. While people think he is a great coach, he is barely above .500 in the won/loss percentage. I was posting before regular season that Bell would never be a tackle, and still don't know why they had him over there. It is becoming more appearent Fish doesn't have much say so in regards as to who we draft, or what position. I would really love to know how much input he is allowed.

10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Reese has said that the people who have the most influence over his draft decisions are the scouts. (He also said that Bud could always have the final say-so.) I've also heard that draft day is a good day for the coaches to go play golf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar