Does Fitzy for Hass still make sense if we don't sign another free agent?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Just a question I'm curious about. I'm on board with the Fitzy/Hasselbeck moves because like most, I am of the opinion that saving money here, going with the younger option (and similar talent level) makes sense.

But correct me if I'm wrong..

Hasselbeck was entering the last year of his contract. This year was the last Hasselbeck had on his contract anyway, so we don't save money beyond currently by releasing him.

Does the move still make sense if we don't go out tomorrow or sometime soon and add another free agent with the $ saved by this move?

2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

We will go for a DE

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Still makes sense either way IMO, but we are definitely going to try for a DE and/or CB.

We have proven we are a proactive team without Reinfeldt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Why? Fitzy is a better QB than Hasselbeck?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Fitzpatrick is a lot better than Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck's arm looked weaker and weaker every time he played. He is DONE.

6. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I think the team saw Fitz as an upgrade from HBack, he can truly come in close games and give us a better chance to win.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Makes sense both financially, future-wise (if Locker doesn't pan out, Fitz can start next year if we draft another project), and he is a better player at this stage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. Upgrade
    2. Cheaper
    3. Sends message to Locker that you're the guy now and you can't depend on Hasselbeck.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think we'd be looking at an absolute disaster if Fitzpatrick is the starter 2 years from now.

10. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Look who Fitz had to throw to. Not nearly as impressive as the Titans Wr's as unbelievable as that might sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar