Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Does Fitzy for Hass still make sense if we don't sign another free agent?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 18, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,966
    Just a question I'm curious about. I'm on board with the Fitzy/Hasselbeck moves because like most, I am of the opinion that saving money here, going with the younger option (and similar talent level) makes sense.

But correct me if I'm wrong..

Hasselbeck was entering the last year of his contract. This year was the last Hasselbeck had on his contract anyway, so we don't save money beyond currently by releasing him.

Does the move still make sense if we don't go out tomorrow or sometime soon and add another free agent with the $ saved by this move?
  2. Shanvhere Elite

Moolah:
    $168
    We will go for a DE
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,920
    Still makes sense either way IMO, but we are definitely going to try for a DE and/or CB.

We have proven we are a proactive team without Reinfeldt.
    ncaalover12 and SlidePiece high five this.
  4. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,966
    Why? Fitzy is a better QB than Hasselbeck?
    cdubbs2121 high fives this.
  5. KyTitansFan Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $720
    Fitzpatrick is a lot better than Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck's arm looked weaker and weaker every time he played. He is DONE.
    cdubbs2121 and TheSureThing high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $133
    I think the team saw Fitz as an upgrade from HBack, he can truly come in close games and give us a better chance to win.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Makes sense both financially, future-wise (if Locker doesn't pan out, Fitz can start next year if we draft another project), and he is a better player at this stage.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  6. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,356
    1. Upgrade
    2. Cheaper
    3. Sends message to Locker that you're the guy now and you can't depend on Hasselbeck.
    Titans Eternal and SlidePiece high five this.
  7. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,966
    I think we'd be looking at an absolute disaster if Fitzpatrick is the starter 2 years from now.
  8. KyTitansFan Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $720
    Look who Fitz had to throw to. Not nearly as impressive as the Titans Wr's as unbelievable as that might sound.