Does ANYBODY have faith in Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

At 13-3, nobody questions the system, the players or the coach. At 0-4, all questions are warranted. Fisher IS very committed to HIS style of football, coaching and how information is passed on to the fans with his media relations.

"Fisherball" and "Fisherspeak" are definitely real entities. As a fan, I want some accountability to ease my apprehension that the poor product I am paying for is being addressed. "Fisherspeak" does not relieve that anxiety in any fashion. At 0-4, a commitment to "Fisherball" is not producing wins. And winning is REALLY all that it is about in professional football.

Although people tend to fear the unknown, many times change is for the better. It is probably time to bring in another head coach if this franchise truly desire to get to the superbowl. Despite what anybody wants to say, we ARE now in another re-building mode. We had a #3 overall pick and a #6 overall draft pick that have not been productive for this team for the long haul. We are now feeling some of that, along with a few other top draft picks that were busts.

Honestly, it is hard for me to predict anything other than 3 or 4 win season this year and in 2010 and possible 2011 regardless of who is coaching.

2. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

Yeah since you know exactly how everything works! maybe we should hire you as the coach! And Chris johnson in no where close to bleeding out here, in fact hes leading the NFL in rushing so come up with a point that actually makes since!!!

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Only the second team to start 0-4 after a 10-0 start the previous season, how can anyone have faith in a head coach who refuses to admit to his :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: ups and refuses to adapt as years go by and different schemes come into play from younger coaches/coordinators. I still believe however Fisher will survive and Reinfeldt will be the one held accountable.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ah yes, becuase poor coaching and player execution is usually the GM's fault

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This team is unraveling- there is no denying it. They are performing WORSE in each phase of the game with each subsequent game.

Get ready for the "injury" excuse like we heard in 04, 05. funny how the colts, Pats and Eagles can win through the "injuries".

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i never claimed to know how everything works, i am simply passing a long some information to you.. if you dont want to believe it thats fine. And i never said the NFL HAS passed JF by JUST because he doesn't run the 3-4, i simply pointed out the most successful teams in the league do run it.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I lost faith in Fisher during the McNair debacle, followed by Fisher's decision to let his pride get in the way of winning by lying about a fair competition between Volek and Collins, then trading Volek after he outplayed Collins, then we tanked the start of the season all because Volek hurt Fisher's feelings.

Then Vince saved his job and that screwed us as an organization.

I just don't understand last season. I didn't think we would be very good but we were awesome. I guess it's mostly CJ and Haynesworth to really thank for that.

8. amy

amy Starter

Well then, I'll say it. The NFL has passed Fisher by. Or rather, HE has refused to get on the train.
    Fisherball is dead in the water and the sooner he admits to it, the sooner the team will start to progress.Hire some coaches who KNOW ENOUGH TO ADJUST TO THE OPPOSITION AND WHO CAN BE INNOVATIVE IN THEIR PLAY CALLING.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think it will be hard, given our style, to reel off a playoff run. All our games will come down to a FG. And he likes it that way. But that style will hamstring us this year.

Do I have faith, yes. He has shown that at times he can change. It just takes a while for him to get there. Media Pressure works on him. Seen it before. He has changed the offense a time or two as well. As well as his style on Defense. Both worked. So he can change. He just has a hard time doing it. It's the conservative style that seems to be his undoing at times.

10. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Dude is barely over .500 so when you say he's coached us to a lot of wins...he's coached us to almost the same number of losses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar