Directv HD

Discussion in 'Gear' started by VolnTitan, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hmmm...

I'm thinking my next step is to begin negotiating with both sides on this.

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Like the others said, Direct's HD is awsome. You can't go wrong.

Oh, be sure to account for taxes when you compare the two.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do they give you tax fees with a quote?

4. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I don't think so. I switched from Dish so I knew about what they'd be. I think they're different with cable.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If I'm reading this right, Sunday Ticket can not show games that are being shown on local CBS and Fox stations. Also, they may not be able to offer local CBS or Fox stations. If both those are true, then there would be no Titans on TV. Anyone got input on that?

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Not sure I am understanding what you are saying. If you are in the market where the Titans would be shown on the local CBS affiliate, then that isn't a problem. You would watch it on there. If it isn't on the local affiliate, then it isn't being "blacked out" for you and it will be on Gameplan. I live in Franklin and have never not been able to watch a Titan game.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What I'm saying is somewhere in my reading up on Direct it said they may not be able to offer local channels. Same thing we had a problem with with Dish years ago. Got a bit of a run around about it too.

Also what I was reading about Direct said if the game is on a local channel, then it may not be seen on the Sunday Ticket deal. So if they don't offer the local channel, and that also means that local channel has the rights to the game (what I'm guessing anyway), then it won't be shown on Sunday Ticket.

Maybe I misread the wording, but it's something I'd have to know before getting Direct. Only reason I'd consider getting direct is I'll be purchasing a HDTV soon, and Direct looks like the best deal for a lot of HD channels.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If the game is broadcast by your local network affiliate, you will not see it on the NFL-ST channel as it fall inside the blackout rules for NFL-ST.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Jeff, I believe I saw in the October DirecTV newsletter that during Oct 1-27 you will get the SuperFan free when you buy NFL-ST.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Right, so I guess I need to find out for sure if Direct can offer local channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar