Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 13, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $401
    If you're getting paid $40M I think you're going to do what your offensive line coach tells you to do and if he's professional it won't be a problem.
  2. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    per Walterfootball

I wonder what "sources" a blogger has, probably a twitter account. Just glad to know we're entertaining the idea of going something other than OG in the 1st but no mention of DL?
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,122
    I read that the Jags were talking to Trufant, which makes me think he hasn't risen as much as people think, because they're not going to take him at #2.
  4. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    I was the same way for a while but we really need a DE almost as bad as we need a CB...our list of needs has gone way down but we still need a guard, a CB and a DE... if they feel Ansah is the best player let's take him...I'm still hoping for a CB(rhodes) or a G (warmack)
  5. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    Eh I think it's a little of that and a little of well just in case he falls. Teams usually interviews guys they either have no shot getting or just interviewing to get more info on every year. He could be a 2nd round pick but he should get consideration for the 1st.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    I'm going to be pissed if we take a CB any round before 3rd.

I'm not sure why GM's still haven't figured this out yet: CBs aren't worth 1-2 round picks, nor ludicrous paychecks. You build your lines through the draft, then you throw whoever you want at corner.

But if any team SHOULD know this- you'd think it'd be the Titans. A team that has their best 2 (and very solid 2 at that) CBs as value picks they got in rounds 4 and 6. Meanwhile the CBs we've taken in the first 3 rounds?.... not such a good history.

With that said of the CBs mentioned here?

1. Xavier Rhodes
    2. Trufont
    3. Milliner

Milliner... I just don't get it. OHH wait, yes I do. He plays for a repeating National Champ team. I forgot. Of course he's amazing and not at all just benefiting from a great surrounding cast... Let's forget he can't back-pedal, he struggles making tackles often, and made mediocre receiving threats look pretty good... I mean.. he played for Alabama. AND HE RAN A 4.3!!
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    They're the Jaguars, you never know... they took a punter in the 3rd round just last year.
  8. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    Rhodes scares me, he could be a Brandon Browner, or a nobody. He's average in coverage and doesn't have fluid hips at all. He was all about jamming receivers on the LOS, and letter his DOMINANT front 4 get pressure on the QB. With that said, i've seen him make plays down the field and has flashes of a Pro-Bowler. I've also seen him get burnt by easy two step moves. There's pros/cons to every CB. It would be nice to have a CB who can press and not play 7-10 yards off like McCourty and Verner do.
  9. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,442
    Yea I'd agree. I don't think we need to take a cb before 3rd round. Besides, we have OL and DL to consider first. Then I would still put S at a higher position of need over CB.
  10. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,201
    It's the Jags though... they take punters in the 3rd round.