Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

If you're getting paid $40M I think you're going to do what your offensive line coach tells you to do and if he's professional it won't be a problem.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

per Walterfootball

I wonder what "sources" a blogger has, probably a twitter account. Just glad to know we're entertaining the idea of going something other than OG in the 1st but no mention of DL?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I read that the Jags were talking to Trufant, which makes me think he hasn't risen as much as people think, because they're not going to take him at #2.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I was the same way for a while but we really need a DE almost as bad as we need a CB...our list of needs has gone way down but we still need a guard, a CB and a DE... if they feel Ansah is the best player let's take him...I'm still hoping for a CB(rhodes) or a G (warmack)

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Eh I think it's a little of that and a little of well just in case he falls. Teams usually interviews guys they either have no shot getting or just interviewing to get more info on every year. He could be a 2nd round pick but he should get consideration for the 1st.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm going to be pissed if we take a CB any round before 3rd.

I'm not sure why GM's still haven't figured this out yet: CBs aren't worth 1-2 round picks, nor ludicrous paychecks. You build your lines through the draft, then you throw whoever you want at corner.

But if any team SHOULD know this- you'd think it'd be the Titans. A team that has their best 2 (and very solid 2 at that) CBs as value picks they got in rounds 4 and 6. Meanwhile the CBs we've taken in the first 3 rounds?.... not such a good history.

With that said of the CBs mentioned here?

1. Xavier Rhodes
    2. Trufont
    3. Milliner

Milliner... I just don't get it. OHH wait, yes I do. He plays for a repeating National Champ team. I forgot. Of course he's amazing and not at all just benefiting from a great surrounding cast... Let's forget he can't back-pedal, he struggles making tackles often, and made mediocre receiving threats look pretty good... I mean.. he played for Alabama. AND HE RAN A 4.3!!

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

They're the Jaguars, you never know... they took a punter in the 3rd round just last year.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Rhodes scares me, he could be a Brandon Browner, or a nobody. He's average in coverage and doesn't have fluid hips at all. He was all about jamming receivers on the LOS, and letter his DOMINANT front 4 get pressure on the QB. With that said, i've seen him make plays down the field and has flashes of a Pro-Bowler. I've also seen him get burnt by easy two step moves. There's pros/cons to every CB. It would be nice to have a CB who can press and not play 7-10 yards off like McCourty and Verner do.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea I'd agree. I don't think we need to take a cb before 3rd round. Besides, we have OL and DL to consider first. Then I would still put S at a higher position of need over CB.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's the Jags though... they take punters in the 3rd round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar