DE- Could Kevin Carter be a solution?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'd love to see Kevin Carter back with the titans. I dont think he is a long term fix, but if we draft de this year it would just add more depth to the rotation. He can go at DT or line up at DE.
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I'd rather have Carter than Smith. Carter could play some DE in run situations and if we get Long back Carter and Long would give us a nice pass rush from the DT position we didn't have last year.
  3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Sax, not trumpet.
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

actually as for cater....he just said something in readin an article bout players money he was like i wish i was younger so i could get those benefits....not a hint sayin that he will come cheap u?
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Carter is a stopgap; We need to look to the future. It's not like he's the missing piece from our Superbowl run next year or maybe even the year after. We need a guy who will be here for the next 4-5 years at the least.
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Vig, that's true, but notice that this was premised upon us not being able to go for a better free agent or a draft pick in round 1 because of other needs. KC could definitely hold the spot for a season or two while a second or third rounder moves in.
  7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Could mean he knows he can't expect what the young guys are going to be getting this year, just a theory, I can't read minds
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

picky
  9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He's a BUM!! Leave him where he's at. Didn't do much of nothing when he was here the first time. Why bother?? Svae the money and go in the draft. Only, and I really mean only if he comes at the Vet minimum, and for that, hell the Dolphins will likely keep him. But, he's a Bum, great "locker room presence", but his days are numbered, don't want and EOCLFAPD player taking up roster space.
  10. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

98 tackles and 11.5 sacks in two years is not the stats of a bum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.