David DeCastro

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Mar 26, 2012.

?

If David DeCastro falls to us @ #20, do you draft him or pass?

1. Draft

29 vote(s)
    78.4%
  2. Pass

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Just curious. I am convinced that if DeCastro falls to us that he is absolutely that BPA and additionally at a position of great need. Do you take him or do you pass for another player? I want to see others thoughts on this.

Assuming normal circumstances, of course. No Morris Claiborne, no Justin Blackmon, etc.
  2. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

I am really torn on this scenario. I really want a DT/DE in the first, but DeCastro could be a special player. I went ahead and voted Draft because he would be BPA and a player of need. Also he claims that he can play C so we could at least play around with that idea, and if that doesn't work out just put him at RG.

With Hutchinson, DeCastro, and an FA C/G, the CJ could be in for a HUGE comeback year
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

As much as I would want to go defense he would have to be the pick. He can even play Center for us if needed. Anchor on the line for years to come, it's hard to pass on that.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Tough to turn down the absolutely best player at his position at #20, but it might have to be done.
  5. pettso

pettso Starter

Pass.

He's good but we put ourselves in a position where we absolutely have to draft D-line in at least 2 of the first 3 rounds. Unless we plan on trading some picks to get help on the D-line or we have a lot of FAs in mind to bring in we simply can't draft O-line in the 1st.

I'm sure we'll draft our share of O-linemen in the middle of the draft but I'd be willing to bet that our first 2 picks go to the defense.
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If DeCastro is there he is by far the best player. I hope the Colts cut Freeney before the draft or we add a defensive tackle
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Pass. We desperately need a sure thing on the D-line. I like DeCastro a lot but not enough at #20.
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's just it, there are no sure things on the d-line where we'll be picking. DeCastro is a sure thing and if he's there we should definitely take him.
    • High Five High Five x 5
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Exactly. Always take the sure thing in round one. Gamble later.

You can't win in the first, but you can sure as hell lose there.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

You got to take a guy that can anchor an O-line for 10 years.

By pick #20, all the sure thing impact DL's are long gone, they go in the top 10-12 usually. The odds are in 5 years DeCastro will be in the pro-bowl and any DL you take at that point might still be in the league.
    • High Five High Five x 2