D.J. Fluker for RG?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well his pass protection isn't as good as advertised, he gets beat a lot going against speed rushers (even WKU). He slides inside 1 spot where he can basically just try to maul over whomever he's supposed to guard, I think it would be easier for him to start at OG and then eventually move to RT in the NFL honestly. He'll still be a good OT no matter what but for us it would be better for us to have him at OG first. I don't see a lot of trouble for him switching positions, it will be an adjustment but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

He plays like a Guard but gets a way with it at the college level, if that makes any sense.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anthony Davis part II. Good value at 39.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I have a *source that just told me Titans are interested in reevaluating Albert Haynesworth and Blaine Bishop.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Lineman move around all of the time. It is the same basic principles regardless of where you line up. He is huge and sometimes has trouble with outside speed guys. Guard makes sense.

5. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Agree

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anyone remember Dave Stewart being drafted as a guard? Spent a year on the bench and hasn't looked back.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. Chance Warmack
    2. DJ Fluker
    3. Barrett Jones

That's how I would rank the Bama lineman. Warmack the best pure talent obviously, Fluker can be a mauler at OG or RT, and Barrett is versatile but he'll be an interior player for sure.

8. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Pipe dream alert!!!

Sign OG Levrite in FA
    Star falls to 10 and we draft him
    Draft Fluker in the 2nd

Oline is fixed and Dline is a lot better as well

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Fluker reminds me a lot of Andre Smith of the Bengals. Both are about the same size and both have almost the exact same skill set. Smith struggled in pass protection at first as well but he has really developed into one of the best RT's in the game.

If we can get Fluker then I'd want for in to lose about 10-15 pounds and stay at RT. If he were to slim down a little it would most likely help is lateral agility. Personally I would rather get Oday Aboushi because I believe he has the potential to be a good LT in the NFL.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Amazing that Peter Konz a 3 year starting center at college could move over to right guard and play well for the Falcons. The Falcons have a long time vet at center in Todd McClure who is 35 years old and eventually Konz will replace him but Konz was not wasted on the bench he started and played well at RG. How did he do that?

How did Barrett Jones a guard and Tackle at Bama make the move to center? My gawd he never did that before. He won the Rimington award for the country's best center.

DJ Fluker could have a bad case of jock itch, a sprained ankle, smoke a bag full of weed and take 2 ludes and 6 benadryl and still be an upgrade to the whomever has started at RG for the titans the last 2 years. A RG has not blocked anyone for 2 f*cking years!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar