Cut Scaife for Moss' roster spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Except that Moss catches bombs that hit him in the chest...

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

or in one hand

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Sorry, I just can't feel sympathy for a guy who collects years of paychecks then turns around and sues the team almost never took the field for.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. wayzupusc

wayzupusc Camp Fodder

Curious as to what makes you think Cook is a moron with bad hands....seems to me he makes plays when given the opportunity which, for some reason, seems to never happen with Fisher & Co. Last week, he gets a long reception that set up TEN's first score. After that.....? Nowhere to be found & gets less than 20 plays for the rest of the game. His hands were never a question in college. He made play after play in two systems (Holtz's run-first system & then Spurrier's pass-happy one) so that tells me he can learn a playbook well enough. So what's Fisher's excuse for not giving him more playing time?

I would think more along the lines of "why is this coaching staff not playing a freak of an athlete at TE who we picked in the 3rd round when none of the other TE's on the roster offer what he does in terms of stretching the field?" That's why he was drafted after all, right? Cook's blocking was never a strong suit of his in college but he did improve it significantly his last two years at South Carolina. He'll never be an elite blocker but that can be said for any number of TE's throughout the league.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess you were taking a bathroom break on the long pass Cook dropped last week.

Look, no way Scaife is getting cut. They have to pay him the money anyway. His playing time seems to be getting reduced and IMO Stevens is the #1 TE because he is by far the best blocker and has show he can make plays catching the ball.

Cook will continue to get opportunities even if only a few per game. That is fine for me. It is up to Cook to make the most of them if he wants to keep getting them. He looked great on one play and like crap on the other.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Guys, the Jared Cook situation isn't hard to figure out. Heimerdinger doesn't put him on the field because he hasn't shown he deserves it in practice. He's inconsistent and they'd rather have someone on the field who knows what to do but is less athletic.

We saw exactly what the coaches are talking about against the Chargers. One play he makes an awesome play and then on the same drive he drops a would-be deep touchdown that hit him in the chest.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...RTS01/David+Climer++Cook+misses+out+on+chance

7. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Hell no. Hook'em Horns! we need more on the team.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Since when did that hit him in the chest? It was around his waist in double coverage.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I know Cook drop the huge bomb but he did something Bo or stevens have not done that much and thats getting open down field.

With that alone he should get more playing time.

10. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

Hell yea!
    we don't need a te to stretch the field. Te needs to know the offense (Bo), block (Stevens) and catch the under neath pass (Bo). Bos the perfect guy to be there as long as vy is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar