Courtney Upshaw

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Apr 12, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Courtney Upshaw would be best going to a 3-4 team, we have our DE's already.
  2. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

We have DE's and they have a whole lot of questions. A lot of potential but a lot of questions as well.
  3. JCBRAVE

Alright, but Upshaw himself has questions.
  4. patitansfan10

Yeah so does every player in the draft whats your point?

He is a bull, has good size I don't care if he is only 6'1 that is nitpicking, played for an NFL caliber coach, has no character concerns, and all reports are that he loves football and is a hard worker. Oh and he has the production to back it up. Only questions are he doesn't have elite athleticism and his height.
  5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

In the first I want Still or Hightower. The only WR I would be content with is Floyd. And I wouldn't be opposed to a Center... Still all the way. And I stay away from Brockers and Perry. USC and LSU lineman NEVER pan out
  6. JCBRAVE

I'm not talking about his height, height doesn't matter in football. It's that he's weak-side defensive end with questions. I'd never draft a weak-side DE at 20 who's not a guaranteed starter for us.
  7. patitansfan10

I see Hightower as a dark horse he is a monster of a LB with some rush ability. What concerns me is where do we use him in our system I know Gray is going to run some hybrid looks maybe 10-15 plays a game but we are still a 4-3 dominant team and he played inside where we already have McCarthy. I don't want to move McCarthy and we have Ayers at Sam which is where I could see Hightower playing if not MLB. Not so sure he is an OLB or Will in our system and we would most likely have to shuffle our LB corps. I like him and could easily get behind the pick just concerned how exactly we plan to use him.

We rotate our d-line a good bit so even the 3rd DE or DT in our rotations are essentially starters.