Could there be a worse season than...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

this team needs to get better on the DL especially at DE and MLB and FS............those three spots need money thrown at it.............

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I agree bongo, though I thought Tulloch played well.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Tulloch should have started this season..............and that I put on Fish..............we need a new staff..............the entire group needs to go

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I think we should go after an assistant coach- like the Mike Tice deal in Jacksonville

...Steve Marriuci would be perfect.

but I don't think we need to overthrow our staff

I will say with the coming back of Albert Hayensworth our DT rotation is the best in the league by far- Albert can be elite at times so that pencils in him as our #1, but who as the #2- Randy Starks is just textbook inconsistant, Robaire Smith is a great run stopper but his pass rushing needs improvement, and Tony Brown has a real nose for the ball, but is he just our new season surprise- I can't trust him just yet although I have loved his play but I don't want us to sign him because Carlos Hall, Lamont Thompson, Chris Brown, and Reynaldo Hill were all once "Super Single Season Surprises".

I agree we need great DE on the other side of KVB, dream scenerio would be Dwight Freeney, but chances are Indy slaps that dang franchise tag on him, who knows maybe he makes some noise and says he wants to see whats out there, forcing them to resign Cato June first, maybe Keith Bulluck and David Thornton (both former teammates of Freeney) can talk him into coming to Nashville, but if we were to get him, our entire defense would be greatly improved just because of the double teams Freeney and Hayensworth would be demanding, thats four players to two guys, someone is going to be free, and when KVB gets hot, teams will have to use the TE to help out and chip block, we get penetration and either make the stop in the backfield or we get so much pressure on the QB our secondary looks like one the best in the NFL- Im telling you for this offseason our #1 goal should be to go after a proven, elite DE player in FA- the whole defense would look a lot better because a great defense always has a great Dline...

5. my only concern with dwight freeney is that he seems to be only a pass rusher, both of the colts DE are and they showed a while ago how they pass rush and just go outside and that opens up huge lanes for the rb to run through, but if there was a linebacker there it shouldnt be such a big problem, i am for getting freeney cause i think that he would help us out a ton, but he just doesnt seem to be a very good run stoppind DE

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Incorrect.
    Rodney Peete was the starter. The game was vs. Jacksonville. Peete was benched for ineffectiveness, and Delhomme was put in. The rest is history.

Weinke and Peete both were the commanders of the 1-15 season...I believe Weinke was the backup. He also had a major INT problem. "The future of quarterbacking"....HA!

7. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Well, it could of been worse. We could of blown our lead both times...Wait...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar