Could the freak be back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Seems like we'll at least lose one guy between Odom and LaBoy, so Kearse could be a real option. This is assuming he still has some speed to do the job. I'd think he'd still be comparable to LaBoy at this point in his career, but maybe he's not if he's being released. But it could be more of a cap deal.

2. reo

reo Starter

Its both from what I've heard. He's struggled coming back from the knee injury but he's also got a really high cap number and then on top of that the Eagles had some guys waiting in the wings.

Ideally for me, we let Odom and LaBoy walk and then we sign Justin Smith as our primary DE across from KVB that will take the majority of the snaps and beating and then we sign Kearse to a cheap/incentive laden deal as a situational pass rusher.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

kearse was released by philly. i hope we don't consider him

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That would be amazing if we could pull that off.

I have a feeling that Kearse won't come as cheap as he would need to be for us to sign him.

I'm not fully convinced in Justin Smith, but to me it's sort of a toss up between him and Odom. I would lean towards Odom, but if we ended up with Smith I would be happy.

Realistically, I don't think J.Smith, Odom, or Kearse will be Titans next season.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Smith's price tag will be just as high as Odom's which would make no sense to sing him if we can't get Odom for a reasonable price why bust bank on Smith who is older and not a great pass rusher evident of his 2 sacks last year.

Give me Odom over Smith any day

Oh and Kearse is useless unless we lose Odom and Laboy and nobody else is worth a look.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can see Kearse coming back. I'd like to see him back.

7. reo

reo Starter

According to NFLN Smith had over 100 tackles last year on a bad Cincy D. Odom had 21 playing next to AH and KVB... He only had 2 sacks to Odom's 8 but he's been a 6-7 sack guy his entire career up until now where as Odom has been a 1-2 sack guy. Which is the aberration?

Besides I'm not saying sign him as a speed rusher. Sign him as a primary DE and then a guy like Kearse as a situational pass rusher.

Smith is a lot better than Odom. People around here keep seriously overvaluing Odom.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Odom did benefit a LOT from the rest of the line... Titans might feel like they can plug in Conover or Fisher and not lose too much if Odom and LaBoy go out the door.

9. mttitan

mttitan Guest

I would take smith over odom anyday. Not so much because Smith is a lot more talented than Odom, but I think that smith would fit in very well with this line. Smith is a massive DE who will hold up the left side of the line by himself, he also as was said earlier is an amazing tackler whic will also help take some pressure of big al for run support. But when you get the massive smith and the agile KVB coming from different sides, you will have a perfect ying yang relationship. I think that if we get smith we will have a huge increase in qb pressure, and decrease the rushing yards. As for someone to play between him and Haynesworth, Marcus Stroud is on the block. Taking him away from a div opponent, and having a Smith, Stroud, Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch line would be amazing.

10. clint

clint Guest

Justin Smith
    6'4

Antwan Odom
    6'5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar