Corrupted data on PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TitanJeff, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was clearing out some demos and was left with some corrupted data. When trying to delete it, I got an error with a 80010038 number after it.

I assume it may take a full reformat to get rid of this. I am wondering whether I should leave it alone or go to the trouble of reformatting.

If I do reformat, how do I snag my game data and the games I purchased from the PS3 Store? Will I be able to get them back on after the reformat?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Downloaded games you can download for free again, I did this when I got the new hard drive.

game data is another problem. If you can't move your saved data onto a USB stick then you are - unfortunately - screwed. Game data is just the install files.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So I can place back the game data once I've done the reformatting?

I'm afraid I'll end up screwing up more than if I left the corrupted data alone.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I believe the game data is the install files from games. The saved data is the saved game and data. If worst comes to worse you just have to reinstall games. You won't lose saved data.

The downloads you can get back for free.

Move the saved files onto a USB in a folder called PS3 at the root folder and then SAVEDATA for the game saves (THEME for themes and UPDATE for updates if you have them as well). I believe game data goes into a folder called GAMEDATA

If you have music and videos create a folder VIDEO and MUSIC in the root directory.

The folder names must be in capitals.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar