Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Computer Internet help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanKid4Life, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Does Google just not load at all, or does some other page load in its place?
  2. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Try ad-aware and spybot. Soundslike some kind of adware creating those popups.

AVG
  3. TitanKid4Life Guest

ya it doesnt load at all, but my dad told me today that his isnt working either, and i have wireless connection, so i think its something with his, and im using the tabs and i love them, but aim.com wont come up either, and everytime i try to sign in through aol.com it takes me to a problem loading page this is really annoying, and thank u for ur help so far
  4. TitanKid4Life Guest

alright guys well my dad fixed it, he had to take something out for 30seconds - 1 min and it fixed the google and aim ordeal thanks for the help guys, and spybot really works, and i remember using firefox before, and i like it a lot better than ie
  5. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    I wouldn't be able to surf without TAB BROWSING

basically one singular open Browser window can incorporate multiple pages or tabs, whick splay and hide along the toolbar

it's so much better than having 15 open IE Windows

Safari has always used it
    FireFox stole the idea but it works well

for anyone using Firefox, it is a stripped down version of Safari
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Could have been a malfunctioning router that he unplugged for a bit?

I had a cousin who couldn't get onto AOL and I spent 2 hours trying to get it to no avail. All they had to do was unplug the router for a few seconds...
  7. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Mozilla/Firefox has been around much longer than Safari...
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $290
    Linksys routers are notorious for that. I have to unplug our Linksys wireless router about once/week.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,472
    Get a CS degree and prosecute hackers.
  8. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I have a netgear that would sometimes lose the entire DSL connection and othertimes only drop the wireless signal. I'd be unplugging it multiple times some days.

Now I have it running as a subordinate to an older linksys router (because it has no wireless) and now the netgear hasn't dropped in months (though 1 ethernet port burned out). I just can't explain it...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.