Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

they marched it right now field using that strategy:suspect:

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We held them to a grand total of 6 points in the 2nd half.

If you had told me at the start of the game that we hel Indy to 22 points I'd be happy. That's good enough to give our Offense a chance to win. You aren't going to shut out the Colts, and what you want to do is have them score in 3's instead of 7's.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We played great but ran out of time.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I only have two questions.

Number 1: On the first drive, we go for it on fourth and inches. Why in the world is Chris Brown (6'3" 215) in the game instead of LenDale White (6'2" 255)? That's just common sense. When Brown was the starter in 2004, we were worst in the league on 3rd/4th and short plays because Brown wasn't good at it. Surely the coaches know this. You have to have the heavy hitter in for a play that short and that important.

Number 2: When are we going to see Griffin play defense? The kid is obviously a great athlete. Even just returning kicks you can see Griffin's speed and willingness to hit someone. But I don't remember seeing him on defense even once today. Not even as a nickel or dime back. Someone with this much talent needs to be seeing the field. Often.

Other than that, we played a good game. Unfortunately, we played a good game against a great team, and that just won't cut it. I really wish Jones could have hauled in that pass on 3rd down to give Bironas at least a chance at another 60 yarder. But that's behind us now. Hopefully Tennessee can take this loss and learn from it. Now I'm ready for some Monday Night Football!

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

cutler is the next rick meyer. love the one your with. vy is the man

6. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

The Brandon Jones drop was devastating. As was the o-line deciding not to block on 4th down.

7. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

the great thing about opinions is everyone is entitled to thier own but i just cant stand all of these people drinking big glasses of haterade before they jump on to this form. "why is vy our QB" "brandon jones sucks" "our recievers suck" everyone needs to stop hating and start believing. do we still have some things to work on? yes... can vy play better? yes.. does are defense need to improve a little? yes.. but here"s the beautiful thing i have watched this team improve tremendously over the last year. we are better on both sides of the ball. our defense has improved and haynesworth kvb and finnegan our playing awsome. vy continues to improve and our offensive line is playing very well. but the most important part is this team plays well toghether, everyone likes eachother and this team has come toghther as one and that my friends is very hard to find in the nfl. i can think of 3 teams off the top of my head that have that can you?? thats right the colts the patriots and the titans. pretty good company. i can tell you this much i would put this team up against anybody anytime and anywhere. but whether we loose the next 14 games or win the next 14 games i will love this team no matter what go titans

8. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

is it me or did wee play zone coverage and rush 4 a little too much... all the receivers were doing were 7-9 yrd hooks... or the o-line giving protection for peyton and him finding a receiver 15yds down the feild :(

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

schwartzian definition of D

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

This game was lost in the trenches. As good as our Dline looked in the 4th we looked like crap in the 1st 3 quarters of the game. The Colts oline was opening up holes I could have run through.

Vince is not a great passer but you can see it's in there and will come out eventually, once he becomes consistant he will be unstoppable. I liken it to when Michael Jordan came into the league he wasn't a great shooter but he became one and it made him undefendable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar