Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree. Not sure why we didn't run behind Hall more often. I recall at least once or twice, Lendale running behind Hall and Hall puts his hat right on Bob Sanders springing Lendale for good gains. Against the under-sized Indy LBs I thought we would see a heap of I-formation runs between the tackles.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe it's watching it in HD but have we had this much sand on the field before?

3. Graywolf_59

Graywolf_59 Guest

Great game yesterday Titans

Great game yesterday there Titans...I was re-living thoughts of last year @ the end of the game here.I have nothing but respect for the Titans org and fans....good luck the rest of the season xcept when U play us on the 12-30-07!:))(Some nice pics of Titan's in this slide)
    http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d8025d2e9

4. TitanJeff

I just went back to look at the second half...

The Colts should have beaten us by 14. Manning was deadly accurate as he took what the Titans secondary gave him and made precise pass after precise pass. Even with players in his face, he was scary good. It's not that he often had wide open targets. He doesn't need much. Our corners were often on the receiver and Manning would simply put it in a perfect spot.

The Colts had their own issues in the red zone.

The only time I saw Manning make some poor passes was after the two-minute warning when he missed Harrison on the slant and on the following play.

After watching Young, I do feel better about his second half. He still made some bad decisions but he doesn't seem to let it impact him. For example, he holds the ball and takes a sack making it 2nd and 17. He follows that with a good pass to Gage on the interference call and then the nice balls to Scaife and Jones before hitting Williams on a perfect pass for the score.

Same on the final series. He holds the ball too long and takes the sack only to hit Jones on the sideline route and then again on the one he dropped two plays later.

5. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

The Good The Bad & The Ugly

I dont have much time to chat here anymore, but i will try and jump in with a new series I call Spaghetti Football Reviews.

The Good: Vince Young, besides a few mistakes, I like his game, seems more comfortable every week.

The Bad: Norm Chow get this weeks honers for not having a better play selected for the last play of the game, do ya think a rush might be coming, come on! Give our guys something to work with!

The Ugly: Goes to Big Al "Painsworth", I loved watching him drop in on peyton, seemed to have a good motor on sunday and it was making a difference.

[​IMG]

6. Temkin

Temkin Guest

Brandon Jones?

Is it too much to ask that Brandon Jones catch a 10 yard pass? I mean it did hit him in the hands.:grrhee:

7. TitanJeff

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah, Vince does sort of come off as a sore loser, especially after tough losses. At first it was refreshing, but now it's starting to annoy me a bit. First he lodged his cleat into the locker room wall at Indy last year, then he's sobbing on the sidelines after the loss to the Patriots, now he's slamming his equipment in the tunnel after yesterday's game and berating the press in his post-game news conference. I like it that my quarterback takes every loss tough, but some of his actions are a little far-fetched.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Id rather have a sore loser than a content one

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It started too late, but Young and the receivers got hot at the end. Here's the 4th Q breakdown:

Young 7/10 51 yds, 1 TD, 2 rushes for 18 yards, 3 1st downs passing, and 1 1st rushing. The 3 he missed - a deep 24 yard pass to Gage that was ruled pass interference. A 2nd & 4 to Jones that he missed and the 3rd & 4 to Jones that was well placed but dropped. Without the pass interference that makes him 8-10 for 75 yds and a TD. Manning in the 4Q - 4/7 for 30 yds 0 TD and 2 1st downs. Not a bad finish at all - just need to come out of the gate like that next week. I think the offense will take a few more weeks to get into a groove, but once it does we'll be ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar