colt rings might freeney dwight?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joelmunroe, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wow, the Bears must be one awesome team. I mean they make it to the playoffs, relying almost exclusively on the running game because they have a lame duck QB, with a starting RT who is incapable of playing at NFL level no less..... :rolleyes:

"The Fox & the Grapes"

2. Screw Freeney. I'd rather pick up shut down DB and dominating MLB than getting him.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As they said yesterday - Freeney has 41 sacks in 41 games on turf. And half that in the same amount of games on grass.

We play the majority of our games on grass take it as you will.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

he's a speed/finesse rusher, that doesn't work as well with grass as a power rusher who can nock people out of his way, that's what would do us the most good as far as DL, and no, I don't know who's available that fits that description

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I agree that the Colts always seem to have an answer. I mean, how come WE didn't give up our 2nd rnd pick for McFarland? He's clearly worth it and the combo of McFarland and Haynesworth might have been quite excellent. The great thing about them is they know how to make moves to fix holes. Sometimes they aren't always successful (see Gardner at OLB), but then they TRY SOMETHING ELSE (insert MLB Rob Morris on the outside). We don't. We just blame a lack of talent even though there are some potential replacements sitting on the bench waiting for a chance.

Freeney was their MOST disappointing player in the post season? Did you notice the 'undersized' DE pancake Matt Light in the Pats game? I guess he can't play run D, right? Amazing how the Bears ran over him over and over again in wracking up 300 yards rushing....oh wait...that didn't happen! And you want to quote me 5.5 sacks? We've been through this before. How many QB pressures did he have this season? Isn't it interesting that the 'disappointing' season Freeney had includes more forced fumbles than all of our DL put together? Very disappointing indeed. We could use 'disappointment' like that helping US win a Super Bowl instead of the Lamont Thompson kind of disappointment!

I agree that the Colts should let Freeney walk, move Mathis to RDE and find a guy for the left side. It's a better mngmnt move. However, they have been very successful *until this year) in letting very good LB's go in fa (Peterson, Thornton, and soon to be June) and replacing them. This year they had problems though. June, for all his speed, was up and down in the tackling department and Gardner was worse. We'll see if they can replace them this time.

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

First, there are only a handful or less of top knock'em out of the way DE's like Julius Peppers.

Second, Jason Taylor has done pretty well playing on grass most of his career, no?

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sox...

So you're saying they were completely ineffectual through the whole game???

Gut

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut...

Freeney had a great game against the chiefs with 2 sacks but in the other 3 post seasons games he had just one tackle total. He had none sunday and none against ogden and the ravens. Jonathan odgen ate him alive in that game.

I'm not going to say he sucks but worth $8M? Not when we could get kearney for half that.

Gut i know you are not the biggest fan of jimbo schwartz so you will agree with me on this. Rob morris a starter at MLB for years, sometimes maligned lost his job to gary brackett last year. They use him at SAM to fill a hole and the guy played very well and helped their run defense. Made 7 tackles against the ravens and 4 against the pats and bears and was not a liability in coverage. Could the titans fill holes like that? The colts actually started boiman at one point this season, apparently didn't like the results so made the morris move. Good coaching involves the ability to adapt..

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If you completed my comment you would see I was referrring to the last half dozen or so games he played as a Titan. He was immobile due to a bad ankle on one leg and a knee on the other - If I remember correctly. Still Fisher refused to let a healthy BU, Williams, play and sit Twitch.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no he isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar