Collins TD passes in 09 - the over & under

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's a great point. He's creating passes that he never had til right now, and could easily put 1 ball in the endzone a game. I say he's better than that. Come on thats pretty weak 1 ball a game. He would in reality have to put 4 or so in the endzone where there would be a receiver sitting to get 1 or 2 scores. I know he's able to at least do that (Vince is able to put up 1 TD a game). Collins is in a seat to make 1 or 2 scores happen. Then pound the faster version of last years 'Smash and Dash" into the team and we got mad points, and a win. It's his time to shine, unless he wants to lose to Vince .Kerry Collins needs to take that as his responsibility to the team. He needs to be able to score 12 points for us, and no that doesn't mean he can supplement Bironas points for Collins points. If he's unable to do that, well he's Numero dose. That's how we'll win games with Collins, if he can do whats written.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think he will average 1.5 per game, with a couple of games being a defense battle for each team. those games he wont pass for a TD.

i say 21-24 TD's in 09. so above 18

3. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I say just under 18....

No less than 14, no more than 17.

I just hope he keeps his INT's low again this season.

4. tfrisbey921

tfrisbey921 Camp Fodder

over. i say... 22

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't know why he would all of a sudden change his approach, especially when we had a running back have 100 total yards in the first half or our playoff loss.

the reason we lost that game wasn't because our passing game sucked, it was because of turnovers and lendale white ate himself into a back who couldn't break a four yard run.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, Steve threw 476 passes in 2005, and that was playing in only 14 games. Then again, in 2005, we threw constantly because we were terrible. He had 16 TDs.

In 2002, McNair threw 492 passes, 22 TDs.

I don't expect to see us throw anywhere near 500. With our running game, we shouldn't need to. 18 isn't a bad line to draw, but I'd take the under.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'd say 16 is my over under...which would represent a large increase %-wise.

I'd also set his INT over under at 12 since I expect he'll want to take some more shots downfield.

My GOALS for Collins would be to hit 16+ TD's and have a 2:1 TD/Turnover ratio or better with a completion percentage of 65%. If he can do that, our passing attack will be rolling nicely...maybe not flashy...but effective!

Ideally he'd have 20+ TD's and less than 10 INT's with a 65% completion percentage...which would probably put him at least in the 90"s or above in terms of QB rating.

However, based on his career stats, used expect a down year with say 16 TD's and 17 INT's and a couple of fumbles.

LET'S HOPE HE CAN IMPROVE THIS YEAR AND NOT TAKE A STEP BACKWARDS!!!

Gut

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The reason we haven't had a playoff win in over half a decade is because we can't score points in the playoffs. Period. The reason we lost the Super Bowl is because we got shut out in the first half. The reason we never get any love is because we cant throw the rock.

That's why I think he would change his philosophy. That's why I think our FO focused on bringing in people who can catch the ball this offseason. When we couldn't run the ball, we couldn't move the ball. The turnovers killed, and that's absolutely the reason we couldn't get it done against the Ravens, but the fact still remains that when they shut down our run, they shut down the Titans. You can't rely completely upon one aspect of your offense to win for you, let alone one guy.

I'm not saying I think KC will come out and throw the ball 35 times a game, but I think you will see a much more balanced, diverse offense this year. Actually throwing the ball instead of just checking it down 90% of the time

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

justin gage had 135 yards against the ravens. we had almost 400 net yards at the end of the game.

we lost that game because of turnovers, not because we couldn't move the ball. lendale white fumbled inside the 20. alge crumpler fumbled inside the 10 and rob bironas missed a FG...all of that happening AFTER chris johnson got injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar