Collins overthrew 11 receivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Just a little more info for the Kerry Collins hater club. An article by Paul Kuharsky about Collins overthrowing receivers in Sunday's game. Not that we needed anymore proof or stats to confirm he sucked.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/4215/collins-overthrew-11-receivers

I'd like to see VY get a chance but Collins really isn't the only and main reason we are losing. It's our defense but I do agree with many others that Collins isn't giving us the best chance to win right now but can VY do any better? Only one way to find out

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's pitiful. I know I'm a broken record here but it is absolutely killing me that we are gonna have to continue watching this guy for the foreseeable future.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

If things continue like this... play Young. Play him.

I'd say play him next week... but I don't want him thrown in on a Primetime game. If our horrific play continues next week... put Young in.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

kerry collins has been remarkably average his entire career. how he has lasted 15 years in the nfl is beyond me. there must be something that nfl teams are enamored with.

he turns the ball over like it's going out of style. if he doesn't have a clean pocket he's inaccurate. he isn't a guy you can lean on if you need a big play.

last year was aberration. we all knew it. kerry collins going an entire season with only 8 turnovers is a sign of the apocalypse.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

They were showing some of his air mailed passes on ESPN and all I could do was SMH ! My grandmother could have thrown a better ball.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

and he is turning it over ......yet.........he still starts. By the way VY haters what is KFC record as a starter and what is young's?

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

get this guy off the field.

at four and 0 you take a gamble - and hope for 10/12 wins our of the remaining 12 games. i have a feeling we'll c a different young; not the one whining about losing or being benched.

no, i expect to see the young that fought off ramsey for the backup (in our system like collins, ramsey is ideal maybe not great but ideal), accepted the competition and was so good they actually cut him (D injuries played a part too but yeah). a mature young, the one in the preseason that bounced back well from bad plays... the one that showed nice touch on passes, as well as a pass first mentality that will allow him to scramble again (D cant focus solely on the scramble, they will have to respect his pass).

more than that, hopefully like he went in the first time or even when collins took his spot, the team rallied really well. we need to try this...its already worked twice, y not a 3rd?

put him in...i wanna c what we invested 50M in. this is where bud might come in handy - to enact change

8. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

I think its time for VY. If collins play continues to be bad (putting it mildly), we have to move in another direction. VY deserves a chance to spark this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar