Collins out 'several weeks', Rusty #2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ladies and gentlemen... The amazing Kreskin..

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How does anyone know if Rusty is bad? He hasn't seen an NFL snap, not a single one... preseason doesn't count. The regular season is a whole other animal. He was productive in college, good arm, and on pace to do well season two. is it because he didn't go to Miami or Florida?

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Look Rusty for me its like a middle tennesse Qb for you guys.

Sure he had a great GREAT season but do you really think a guy from Middle tennesse university could play at the higest level.
    Its just not possible.
    Thats my take on it if he was just GOOD at the lowest level in college football what makes you think his gonna do any better in the NFL.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Tom Brady was a sixth round pick and has won 3 SB's.

Doesnt matter where Rusty played, he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. if the Titans put the time in Rusty that they have VY he would be great in half the time imo.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think the Tom Brady comparisons aren't warranted, but something like a Matt Cassell is a better example.

The guy is a seventh rounder, chosen as a backup from a big school (about equivalent to a highly-acheiving lower D1 school) and is now one of the better starting QBs in the league.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just don't tell Quinn & Holcomb OK, they might be suprised to learn this.

7. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Yeah, and the next thing you are gonna tell us is that since Steve McNair went to Alcorn St. he wasn't a good NFL quarterback.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I don't know what Rusty will or won't be, but I do find it interesting that the Pats worked him out twice(once Belichick flew down there do do it himself). And Miami showed interest and worked him out (Parcells). So there can't be nothing there as far as talent/upside.

Anybody pinning their hopes and dreams on him is delusional, but he may turn into something eventually given time to develop who the hell knows.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You really should start all of your posts with "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about but..."
    There's PLENTY of evidence that small school qbs can succeed. In fact two of the last five Super Bowls were won by a QB from freakin Miami of Ohio..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oh snap!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar