Collins out 'several weeks', Rusty #2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

From the Tennessean: Titans quarterback Kerry Collins will “probably miss several weeks” because of the calf injury he suffered Sunday against Miami, Coach Jeff Fisher said Monday....

Fisher said the Titans would not necessarily look to add another quarterback to the roster while Collins recovers. Fisher said rookie Rusty Smith would be the backup to Young.

I think the tendon injury in his throwing hand could use some time off, too...

With Vince's recent injuries and re-injuries, Rusty could very well end up seeing some playing time. I don't really know that much about the guy, do we think he'd be able to get the job done if Vince goes down again?

2. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I don't know, but if Bironas goes down, he can kick extra points for us
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ze3QGkw0RfM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ze3QGkw0RfM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

The wind injured Kerry Collins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Oh how the Lions could've done with him a couple of weeks ago. :ha:

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I just hope Rusty "the rifle" is more like a sniper rifle than a musket.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not expecting a lot from Rusty, but I'm kind of excited to see him get some real PT.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Anyone find it ironic their network is called FAUOWL.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I dont think I've ever been happier to have a backup injured.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. amy

amy Starter

We may very well see Rusty on the field; Vince's toughness has yet to be proven.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince is being called out in a sense, I expect him to have a great game this coming weekend. And I hope to God it doesn't come to us needing Rusty Smith. Not that I don't like the kid, but he's a rookie with no big game experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar