College Football Preview

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Georgia vs Mizzou for the National Championship......

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No, It's because he comes out aggressive, scores immediately on the SEC chumps, then after showing how easy it coul be, he kills all their momentum by going in to a shell. Every year.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The SEC Champions put him in a shell...every year...:ha:

4. Deuce Wayne

They may. You can't argue that he killed their momentum vs LSU though. They opened that game like they were going to kill them, only to start trying to run with dumb plays that would be stuffed by any Div I team.
    The penalties didn't help either, but Tressell does it every year. Until his players do it all themselves (as they did vs Miami) they'll never win the big game with his Mr Hyde impression.
    Though, outside of a "rebuilding year", we'll see how an SEC team stacks up this year.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's what I love seeing every year. The SEC hasn't always been the best conference, and they won't always be the best conference.

Like I told you last year, I didn't attend a SEC school, and I don't have an allegiance to the SEC team in the state I grew up in. I just enjoy the rivalries and traditions of SEC football, and the great games it gives us every year.
    It doesn't kill me like it does an Auburn fan if they lose to Alabama for example, I enjoy the games for what they are.
    Now, in every game I have a team I want to win, but it might be Alabama one year, and Auburn the next. I never liked Spurrier, however.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Wow ESPN College football live just said Tennessee is the sleeper team to reach the BCS championship...... I could live with that.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well...Mark Mays said it.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Didn't Mays also comment on Crompton?

Something about how the O-line only gave up 4 sacks in 500 attempts... or something.

I'm optimistic and interested to see what Cromp can do.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think on offense our biggest question marks concern Crompton and the new offense. Both can be huge plus or negative trying to install a new offense, but we are fortunate that we have experience in WR, OL and RB. That will help alot.

10. Deuce Wayne

lol I think UT fans should just wait til basketball season starts. This will probably be their worst season in a long time. Crompton is no better than Ainge. Foster is still there though, if healthy.
    Gonna be ugly. Plus Kutcliffe not being there to help a guy like Crompton hurts.

Though, don't worry. Next year you'll get one of the top QBs in the nation - and Kutcliffe will probably be back again. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar