College Football Preview

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Who's your team? How good will they be? Make some predictions. I'll go first.

My fav. team is Auburn. I think maybe they'll lose 1 game. Their 3 toughest games are LSU, West Virginia, and Georgia. I think they'll lose to either WV or Georgia. In the SEC championship game I got Auburn vs Florida. The winner goes to the National Campionship. My sleeper in the SEC is Miss. St. Outside the SEC I really like Oklahoma or Ohio St. to maybe go to the championship game. Notre Dame will be better, Michigan will flop, USC will be overrated, Florida will be underrated, and South Florida won't be as good this year. Also the SEC will dominate again.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

My favorite team is Middle Tennessee State. It's a building year for us. Only have 8ish SR's on the roster. Only have 10ish JR's on the roster. We'll over half our team is FR and SO.
    We're young. We have potential to be good or bad.
    Date Opponent Result
    Aug. 28 Troy
    Sep. 6 Maryland TBA
    Sep. 13 at Kentucky TBA
    Sep. 20 at Arkansas St.
    Sep. 30 Florida Atlantic
    Oct. 11 at Florida Int'l
    Oct. 18 at Louisville
    Oct. 25 at Miss. State
    Nov. 8 La.-Monroe 2:30pm
    Nov. 15 at W. Kentucky
    Nov. 22 North Texas
    Dec. 3 at Louisiana-Laf.
    We have OOC games against WKU, KY, Maryland, Louisville, and MSU. I think it's possible that we go 2-3 in those games, 3-2, I'll jump for joy.
    I think we'll drop 1-2 conference games.
    With that said, I think MT is looking at being around .500 this year (6-6) give or take a couple.
    We're young. We're taking some lumps now. In 2009 and 2010, we should be good to go, as our young guns get experience and Coach Rick Stockstill's #1 SBC ranked recruiting class in 2008 takes control...

3. The Playmaker

Yeah I actually like Troy. I was shocked they didn't get a bowl game. Their former O. Coordinator is with Auburn now.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Michigan will struggle this year. Defense should be great, but I'm not sure if they'll be good enough to carry an offense that'll struggle in a new system. We don't really have the pieces that make a spread O run the way it should yet, but Rodriguez is doing a lot of experimenting.

Best offseason aquisition: Mike Barwis. Chuck Norris fears Barwis. Strength and Conditioning should be much improved, as it'd been terrible in years past.

There are a lot of good rookies on offense. Running game might be real good with Minor, Grady and Brown.

The first 6 games are home games, and the schedule is very very weak. So...who knows. I'm predicting onlyabout 8 wins, mostly due to the new system. I also think this will be the year that Mich State gets us.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

TN will have an off year. They will only win one relevant game, against Auburn. Other than that, they'll have a losing season and Phil will be ousted.

As long as we're grasping at straws, I figured I'd go dramatic.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think Michigan will surprise if Rich Rod. can get his stuff going. I think some Big 10 teams might struggle with the new offense. Depending if he has anyone to run the new offense.

7. The Playmaker

ESPN.com is having a Big 10 preview. I tried to read the Auburn preview along with other SEC teams but you have to be an insider.:irked:

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Tennessee Predictions

@ UCLA L 31-17
    vs UAB W 20-10
    vs Florida L 42-20
    @ Auburn W 20-17
    vs Northern Illinois W 24-16
    @ Georgia L 33-6
    vs Mississippi St. W 26-13
    vs Alabama L 29-32
    @ USC W 25-21
    vs Wyoming W 31-10
    vs Vanderbilt W 23-20
    vs Kentucky W 28-24

Record: 8-4

Probably reaching a lot but I think If Crompton can come in and play half decent most of these games are winnable. 6-6 at worst...7-5 may be a better guess..

9. The Playmaker

Auburn Tigers

Schedule
    08/30/08 vs. Louisiana-Monroe(W)
    09/06/08 vs. Southern Miss(W)
    09/13/08 at Mississippi State(W)
    09/20/08 vs. LSU(W)
    09/27/08 vs. Tennessee(W)
    10/04/08 at Vanderbilt(W)
    10/11/08 vs. Arkansas(W)
    10/23/08 at West Virginia(W)
    11/01/08 at Mississippi(W)
    11/08/08 vs. Tennessee-Martin(W)
    11/15/08 vs. Georgia(L)
    11/29/08 at Alabama(W)

SEC Championship Game- Florida vs Auburn(W)

I guess that would put them in the title game.

10. The Playmaker

If Kodi Burns plays well and doesn't turn the ball over much our offense will be fine. We have a very young but talented OL. Are RB's are Brad Lester, Ben Tate, and Mario Fannin. Then our best WR is Rod Smith.

On defense, even though they lost Groves and Sims on the DL, Antonio Coleman is a beast. 18.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks which led the team, and 38 tackles. All as a freshman who backed up Groves! Our LB's should do fine and our DB's are probaly 2nd best in the SEC. We have a good special teams unit and Tubberville as coach. Will Franklin is the OC and in his only game Auburn put up season highs in most offensive categories. Paul Rhodes is the new DC. He was with Pitt. last year and in one notable game he held WV to 6 points.

So I feel very confident and once again Auburn is underrated and will fly under the radar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar