Coffman and Supernaw

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Prideful, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Coffman is a play maker has been all preseason, hope we make him are 3rd string if not 2nd string. Supernaw has done a real good job at blocking and catching the ball but i haven't seen much out of Stevens.
    IMO we should drop Stevens and make Coffman 3rd string and Supernaw 4th.
    What do you guys think about the group, who should we keep and who should we drop?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Stevens is the best blocking TE on the team so he won't go anywhere and he can catch the ball as well when thrown to.

Coffman has been a playmaker and probably has the best hands of all the TE's on the team. He displayed it last year as well. I hope the Titans stay with 4 TE's and he makes the squad.

If we didn't draft Folwer we could have possibly kept 5 TE's on the team with them playing the H-Back like Whycheck did back in the day. This pick doesn't really look so good right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Would love to keep them both. Haven't seen much of Fasano, but I'm guessing we're keeping him since he's a veteran. I rather keep Coffman and Supernaw then dump Fasano.

Supernaw or Coffman will definitely be picked up by another team if one of them don't make our 53.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Fasano is also a top notch run blocker too so Stevens is certainly not immune to a bold move here. He has shown relative little in the preseason with Fasano getting most of the first team run blocking reps. I could see a world where Coffmans obvious playmaking ability supersedes Stevens contributions. That being said, a team that runs three tight end sets like the Titans do will typically carry 4 TE's, so I think Coffman is the obvious choice over Supernaw to join the three veterans. Walker, Coffman, Fasano and Steven would make a formidable group IMO. Definitely one of our deepest positions. Love it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Fasano isn't going anywhere. I would cut Stevens. Stevens has a history of concussions and other injuries. He costs us over 2mil in cap space as well which is pretty high for your #3 TE.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Id hope Coffman would make the cut, I can't name 49 worthy keepers let alone a full 53, I see no reason Coffman shouldn't be on the final roster.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

The best thing about Coffman was what I learned last season. Watching the game Coffman caught his first TD from Mett.

The announcer says that both their pappys slang and caught the ball from each other back in the day

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its easy to float Stevens salary, we only have $10M locked up in TE's, thats a little more than most, but still well within reason.

Rams and Jaguars have over $16M invested in their TE's

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Which is EXACTLY while they'll cut him and keep Levitre.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Titan's logic. :disappointed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar