Coaching Change

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans1990, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans1990

Titans1990 Camp Fodder

I first want too say that I'm not saying we should fire Jeff Fisher, I'm not in the business of firing a head coach after week 2. But Fisher needs too make some adjustments, fast. I don't care who you are, if you have 4 seconds too throw the ball everytime you'll dominate. Jeff needs too realize we don't have Albert anymore, the good ole days where he can just say cover 2 all game are over. For me this Jet game is huge in deciding whether or not I still want Fisher as our coach. Were facing a ROOKIE quarterback, you blitz rookie quarterbacks. If I see Sanchez carve us up like he did against Houston, I'm done. If Jeff refuses too change his scheme I think Bud Adams will fire him, cause we aint winning a lot of games with this defense I've been watching. Also, I've seen a lot people blaming Cecil, but it's Fisher's fault. Cecil's style is a reflection of Jeff's coaching style. I mean Jeff doesn't walk around the field with his thumb up his a** saying, ya might wannna change it up Chuck, oh you don't...ok. My first post/thread enjoy, sorry if it's too long

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hi,welcome to the board.

We're not who we thought we were for sure . Schwartz's Defence lived or died by how much pressure to line could generate. It basically the same defence in that without an effective front four it's crap.

We have lots of options on offence which we're also not using effectively.

I think we have the players to turn it around so it really is up to the coaches to get it done. The schedule up to the bye isn't going to kind either and we could easily end up 1-5. If that happens I think Fisher will be shown the door.

I'm a Fisher fun but maybe we're overdue a change.:hmm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Why does everyone panic after just two games?

There's no need to fire the coach, change the QB, or any other drastic move. :rolleyes:

We're two games in to the season!!! :irked:

Tape up your ankles and relax. It'll get better.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I would tend to agree with you, however last year we started 10-0 and since then we are 3-6... losing 4 of those 6 by a combined 10 points.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Have you seen the two games we played? Seriously???
    Because I don't think that you are watching the same games we are.
    We didn't get beat by two opposing teams. We laid down and let them beat us because of our poor execution.
    It's not like we executed flawlessly and the other teams beat us because they are better. No. We looked like a bunch of lost college rookies (on defense) playing in division 2.
    These kinks should have been worked out by now. Especially with 10 of the 11 defensive starters returning. There is no excuse.

Well considering the way we've played, there is nowhere to go but get better. :irked:

6. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

man there sure is a major lack of michael griffin being mentioned in these threads. i can promise you he did not play how he was coached yesterday. its up to the players to execute.

dont expect any change. that's not fisher. he'll ride it out. remember when we had that horrid start and ended up in the AFC Championship by staying the course?

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm pretty sure everyone knows he royally f###ed up yesterday.
    I'm not happy about him (and Hope) biting on those pump fakes last week and am especially not happy with him 'jumping the gun' towards the LOS to help with the run.

Well lack of execution if it keeps going on, will force Fisher to change something, if nothing other than some personnel. If he doesn't change something to fix this, then Mike, or even Bud will.

8. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

i'm not in full blown panic mode like a lot of people. obviously if the poor execution continues then there is major cause for concern, but i'm hoping the staff can use this week as a major teaching point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar