Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Coaching candidates and interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. San Diego Vol Practice Squad

Moolah:
    $0
    I'll take G. Williams back
  2. Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Moolah:
    $0
    Ray Sherman huh. Glad to see we're really taking the Rooney Rule seriously. Actually I'm not the rule is a joke.
    2 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520
    I'm black but I wouldn't qualify.
  3. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    The rule is more commonly known as the Malarkey rule, because it's a bunch of malarkey...
    1 people high five this.
  4. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129

Seriously, it's a joke. There are plenty of minority coaches who would be hired on the basis of their abilities. This rule is an insult.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $16,011
    I guess it's easy for a bunch of white guys to write the rule off as 'dumb'.

The only reason I can't see it helping is because if a guy is too racist to interview a black coaching candidate... he's not going to hire him due to a great interview.
    1 people high five this.
  6. KyTitansFan Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $720
    It seems you would at least make Gruden and Cowher say no. But I guess that's too logical.
  7. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    I think everybody knows that Fewell is the best man for this job. He could come in and make some positive changes without reinventing the whole team. He had that brief experience as a head coach and has proven himself to be a solid defensive coach.

What color he is matters not at all. He has the experience with a solid record of accomlishment.

If we go with Munch as head coach i won't be that upset if we can get a guy like Guinta here to run the defense. Munch should be able to bring in good people to coach the offensive and defensive lines and he understands the value in that.
  8. Bababooey Veteran

Wright
    Moolah:
    $148
    Now apparently Ray Sherman says the Titans never even contacted him.
  9. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    Question: If we upgrade from the inside do they get a longer term? I wouldn't mind having Dinger or Munchak if it was just for one year since we don't know about the labor agreement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.