CJ's rushing attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I'm sure being as fragile as he was makes him a " bad RB".

And of course it has to do with blocking but put CJ anywhere else in the league and he's still an enormous talent.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You bring up some good points, but this offense is built around Chris. Everybody and their momma knows that. That's his best leverage and he'd be stupid not to try to start the process to get more money. This league is a business before a bunch of football teams, players have to capitalize on that very fact. He could be the best RB to suit up so lets work with him over the next 12 months to secure the best talent since Barry Sanders.

And while QB's may carry teams to their success, QB's also lose games. Kerry Collins lost at least 2 games single handily last season, and Chris won us more than any RB could have done in Tennessee.

The difference with C.J. and Drew is that Drew Brees has money. C.J. is broke compared to even Reggie Bush, a player who wishes he could run like C.J.. Thomas Jones, Larry Johnson, these two guys will sign enormous contracts compared to Chris' and they are half the talent.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I see big things coming out of #28 again this year. Add to that, an overall improved team and we're in prime position to make a real run.

Pay the man.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This offense is built around a good running game. We could plug in almost any other starting running back and still get at least 1250 yards out of him with CJ's carries. CJ is replaceable, even if it would be a drop in production.

The much bigger difference between C.J. and Drew Brees is that Drew Brees has a superbowl ring. Oh yeah, and a superbowl MVP award.

C.J. is "broke," but he won't be if he keeps performing. All the more reason to change the rookie pay system. C.J. got screwed, busts like Mike Williams and Jamarcus Russel make insane amounts of money, while individuals who become solid performers are paid below market value for several years. There is a system in place to fix it, where players who play/start for a larger number of games get compensated at the end of the year, and I'm sure C.J. is on that list, but it's nowhere near starting money. That being said, I'm pretty sure he made more last year than a good 98% of the people reading this site last year, and even more of the general population. I can't feel too sorry for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. buddync1

buddync1 Camp Fodder

I agree!

just pay the man!!!!!!!

6. buddync1

buddync1 Camp Fodder

CJ would make the Rams offensive line look good. He is the most dangerous man in the league and every defensive coordinator knows it! It's about time ALL of the Titan fans give this kid the credit that he deserves and the front office should show him that they want him around for a long time.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CJ is only as good as the Oline makes him.

He's the type of RB that NEEDS a lot of space. He's not going to break any tackles or make his own- therefore depends on the line more than say...Michael Turner, Adrian Peterson, Jones-Drew, etc.
    Those guys can see a crack, burst and get to the second level on their own.

Chris however likes to tip-toe trying to find a hole so he can break the big run. He's never exploded through the line- but it'd be amazing if he ever tried it.

Of course all RBs need are only as good as their Oline lets them be- but CJ more-so than most typical every-down backs. He's easily tackled, and doesn't shake much outside of being in the open field. And he's never going to deliver punishment.

He doesn't warrant a top 5 salary in the NFL- that's for sure.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The bold is all trash you just spit out. C.J. has vision, has balance, and his blazing speed is his trademark. He could do well anywhere. It helps that he has an All-Pro caliber line moving people, but he's good without help.

And the thing about he won't deliver punishment; physically maybe not, but he'll break your heart emotionally. I'd rather get run over and be able to get up then not be able to catch a player. People must feel so frustrated not to be able to touch him. That's just as good to me, it means he'll last the length of the game.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You mean you think he deserves a top 5 salary? So you think he's worth more than $13 million per year?

Thank goodness you don't run the team... we'd be worse than the raiders.

No RB is worth top 5 money, or event top 20 money.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar