CJ2k unhappy with the signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Earn that $10M+ this year, because if we suck again and get a new HC next year, CJ is gone.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's going to be hilarious when CJ gets like 10 runs and has like 18 yards (hasn't broken his 60 yarder yet)... and we put Shonn Greene in, and he consistently picks up 3-4 yards. Our offense will flow so much better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It would be nice to have CJ just once make a positive comment about the team. All I can remember since the season ended is him saying that we sucks and he doesn't believe in this team and now whining about us bringing in a complement back.

BAD CJ BAD :cj:

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Greene is a threat for him to prove his contract was worth it. He is thinking ahead. I don't mind him being mad. I want him to feel like he has to prove something. I want Greene to feel like he has something to prove. I like it he wants the ball. I like that Munchak says "nope- we're gonna split it up and go with the hot hand". That is how good teams win hard games. Coaches and players both highly motivated and focusing on PRODUCTION.

As far as CJ being a "media moron"- yep that is for certain. But I find it refreshing like the earlier poster also said. I'd rather hear some genuine comment even if it is offensive than that generic "Fisher-speak" blather we had to hear for so many years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I honestly could see us picking up a RB via draft in the 3rd Comp - 5th round. If Shonn Greene does decent (he's had back-to-back 1000 yard season) but still underperformed and we pickup a RB via draft, it makes CJ expendable. Are we going to pay a guy $10M to split carries, I sure hope not.

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

well to cj's credit he is right on a few things. He is our main back and shouldnt be spliting carries with a 10 million salary. Plus cj was more productive in 2009 as a single back than in 2008 with a two back system. I dont believe he needs a power back to be productive. He needs a good OL and and smarter playcalling.

7. GetR'Done!

GetR'Done! Camp Fodder

Hes just worried his a$$ will be grass if he doesn't have a solid season this year, time to shut up and produce CJ

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Johnson is on a ticking clock in Tennessee no matter what he does. Munchek does not have the job security to cut him this season and he needs him to help make the playoffs. Johnson may be inconsistent and a malcontent but on his good days he has game changing ability like few in the NFL posses; we now have Greene for the 15 carries, 18 yards days.

My prediction is we cut him next season in order to save cap space (we gain 4 million in space if we cut him next season) no matter what our season record is. Munch is in a playoffs or bust year so if he makes the playoffs he will most likely get a contract extension and with his new found job security will no longer need Johnson. If Munch is gone the new HC will need money to get the team under cap and Johnson is gone.

I expect we'll see us grab a guy to complement Shonn Greene next off season in the 2nd - 3rd round. Personally I like Silas Reed out of USC as he can catch out of the backfield but it also wouldn't surprise me if we spent a 4th this year on Lattimore and give him a "redshirt" year to get healthy.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So C.J. is unhappy for a change, good, bout time he feels unhappy. We went 6-10 last year and he stunk, I'm unhappy too.

Maybe this will open his eyes to the fact he's been trash lately. Or maybe he's scared because now when he runs backwards he might get benched.

10. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Competition is a powerful motivator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar