CJ2k unhappy with the signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

can we at least agree that hitting a HR in garbage time is useless stat grabbing?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

can we atleast agree that an option play that goes horribly wrong because your qb throws the ball to the running back to early not fooling the defense in any shape or form and our running back gets stuffed in the backfield as soon as he touches the ball losing 10 yards shouldn't be counted?

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The one thing that would really piss me off is if we got the line fixed and C.J. is back to being a threat every time he runs and doesn't get hit for losses and he ends up having one of his best seasons and after the season is over the front office ends up letting him go and keeps Greene just to save money.I'm not saying that is going to happen but it would be dumb for us to lose our best playmaker just to save money.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It's not a valid argument, because we play CJ for one reason: big plays. And that's what he produces. Take away his bottom 5 plays and it'll add about 20 yards on 5 less carries. 1263 on 271 carries...4.7 ypc.

Big plays once every five games? This guy has the most 80 yard rushes in NFL history. He sucks in short yardage and when run calls are predictable. He's not great at breaking tackles when the OLine doesn't block. He is an elite playmaker though, and will definitely appreciate the offensive line upgrades and spell back we went and got (whether he realizes it or not)

All these third and longs we face are on Chris Palmer more then anyone.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ill be glad when CJ is no longer a Titan. All this drama he brings is about enough.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree that it is a ridiculous thing to do, but in the case of his 80 yard run against the Bears when we were losing 51-13, I think it's okay.

But other than that run, I don't think there's one you could use the "take away" argument on.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It's just really retarded to take away the best plays of a player especially when it's the guys main strength. Arian Foster is considered a top 5 back by most NFL fans and I am 100% positive CJ is a better all around player. Foster this past year was absolutely garbage after getting a big contract and with a VERY good run blocking group yet he doesn't get any flack about it. Guy got 400 carries and could barely average 4YPC until the last few weeks. CJ with the same carries would have gotten 1700-1800 yards.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Would you prefer CJ stop trying when we're losing?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That always seems to be the dream here. Draft a mid round RB and expect him to contribute right away lol. The best non-first round RBs we have had were Lendale White and Chris Brown. They were in the second and third respectively.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Nah dude Foster is better. And he didn't suck last year that's silly talk. He's the antithesis of CJ. He gets that 2+ yards nearly every run. He scored 15 TDs last year because on third and goal at the 2 yard line, you can count on him to score. You win football games with TDs, not YPC, total yards, YAC, or any of that stuff. His YPC wasn't as high as CJ, but thats kind of a bogus stat. When you have almost 100 more carries and you're not a speed back, odds are you'll bring your numbers down to more average levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar