Chuck Cecil to be dc according to source

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by psychotictitan, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not surprised, but I am surprised at the Raiders comment about McGinnis.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Woo-hoo! I'm pumped. Cecil has always been one of my favorite players. Our defense is going to be intense.:grrr:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cecil was a very similar player to doug plank of the bears who also had problems with concussions.

The amazing thing about cecil is that he was only 185 lbs where most big hitting safeties are at least 210.

Cecil owned anthony morgan of the bears the former UT WR. Cecil put the guy out of commission with a vicious hit in the first game of the year and morgan hardly played until they played the packers again on a monday night and the first pass thrown to morgan cecil just about broke his back.

Wherever anthony morgan is today you can be sure he remembers chuck cecil.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Sweet, I think a hungriness could be an extra bonus this defense could use.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If I had the power of The Almighty TitanJeff you would have been banned long before you had the opportunity to pollute our eyes with this atrocious blaspheme. Quit saying dumb sh*t dude, between the playoff game, this remark, and some of the other garbage you post, I'm starting to wonder if you're not a undercover Ratbird....

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yippee!!!!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why would anyone take a job with the Raiders?

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Calm down hommie, i dont watch what i say just to make you guys happy and warm inside. you're just being imature wanting someone banned for wanting Bulluck to hit people harder. Ravens have nothing to do with it, Ray Lewis just stands out and thats why i said him. Im a Titans fan and i can be negative about them if i want to and i can be positive when i want to.

If you dont like my post stop reading them. pretty simple.

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans to Name Cecil as Defensive Coordinator

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans likely will name Chuck Cecil as their new defensive coordinator, the National Football Post reported Friday. A hard-hitting safety during his playing days, Cecil would replace Jim Schwartz, who was hired as the new coach of the Detroit Lions. Cecil has been with the Titans for the last eight years, spending the past two seasons as the club’s defensive backs coach. In Tennessee, Cecil would take over a talented defense which ranked second in scoring this past season. Tennessee gave up just 14.6 points per game en route to garnering the AFC’s top seed but was upset in the divisional round of the playoffs by the Baltimore Ravens.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not getting confirmation from any of the local media papers so might have to take this to the Rumor Mill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar