Chris Palmer defends Munchak, offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with you about Locker. He's gonna make or break this offense. Regardless of how he finishes the season, I'll support him, but if he can spark this team we'll at least have one side of the team ready for next season. The run game has caught on and we've been pretty successful this year when we've thrown the ball.

On defense I agree with you. I'd be happy with a DT or DE that can cause some disruption. We definitely need some help in the secondary and I think it would come with a star safety. I'd like to go S 1st round if there's a game changer.

But as far as this season goes, there's still a slim chance we could catch fire. It's happened in the past. VY took the team on some great runs and I think Locker has all the tools to do the same. If we could beat either the Texans or Packers we could realistically beat the other teams on our schedule. Not saying its gonna happen, but its something positive to look forward too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

a good OC or offensive head coach can put Locker in a better position. His career is being wasted in this offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

All im going to say is never count out the TITANS!!!! Especially now that Jake is back!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree with Palmer, we're a young team (in the sense we haven't been together long) making dumb mistakes. The talent is there, and if Gray's defense would help out, no one would have much to say about Palmer.

I'd stick with Palmer long before I would with Gray.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Because bud is the retard who hired these guys, and now he want to throw them under the bus?

Coaches arent making any changes? People who say this prove they have no clue what they are talking about. I can mention the obvious, like Ayers getting down on all 4's, or Spoon being on the sidelines now. Or even the recent signing of a DE. The ROJO/Griff/Babs switching. Or do you mean when our starting QB went down and we now have a caretaker for a QB and how Palmer completely changed the offense to cater to it.

No changes? Yea right

Now dont get me wrong, Im not saying they are doing well, but to say they havent tried is just a stupid statement IMO because it looks like they have done plenty to try to improve the team over the year.

The changes Munch spoke of was not firing the DC and OC because that would be a knee jerk reaction in the first place. We know Gray sucks, whos going to do better and if they do, are we stuck with them for another year or two? Theres a lot of ways it COULD play out, but the fact is there are not many, if any, changes this team can make to improve them as a whole

Im not trying to defend the staff because I want changes too, but bud has a history of getting a hard on and telling people what to do and throwing his weight around. VY and PM are the two most recent examples.

Not only that, anyone who thinks about this other than a RAH RAH type of situation and GO GETTEM BUD..... needs to consider what the good players on this team are thinking. How likely is it that we retain our better players when, by all accounts, the organization is in disarray.

This is BUDS mess, HE chose who to hire. Munch chose the OC and DC and couldnt get anyone he wanted and had to settle. (not that Im trying to say Munch is a good HC) But people are thinking with their emotions instead of their brains, and that includes Bud.

He needs to remember that everytime he points his finger, there are 3 more pointing back at him.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We need Locker back to know about Palmer. The TOP of the bears game was 37:01 to 22:59

We need much much better than that. No defense is going to hold up playing that long, ESPECIALLY ours.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our team changes weekly, maybe bi-weekly is more realistic, but teams evolve all during the season. Just look at the Steelers, they started off slow, but now they might be one of the best teams out there.

Munch will make adjustments, and we'll win some games. Enough to save him? Hope so. Cause 8-9 wins could be enough this year to make the playoffs.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I didn't watch last week's game but I'm finally at that point.

I feel a lot of the early defensive issues could be pinned on the offense. There's less and less to bail Gray out with now.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You should watch last weeks game. Two returns for TD's in the first quarter and the defense walked onto the field on (or near?) the red zone the other 2 scores. They actually got a safety. The defense played okay enough to win against the Colts (13 points in regulation) and the team actually beat the Bills and Steelers.

I think they have turned around into a serviceable unit. The problem right now is mistakes.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

To add, there was a point where the Bears had 31 points and 60 yards. If you put that loss on Gray, you are a lunatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar