Chris Palmer and the Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He even looks like an idiot.

[​IMG]

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

When you're playing the Saints pass D, I don't blame him. They're awful.

3. Coov

Coov Starter

Once you start seeing CJ running to the sidelines rather than the end zone you know where the run game is headed.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Same here. Palmer just had me screaming WTF!

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Look how skinny Hasselbeck's legs are.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Let me get this straight.

People criticized the previous coaching staff for running Chris Johnson in to a wall down after down when the running game wasn't working.

People criticize Palmer because he doesn't run Chris Johnson in to a wall down after down when the running game isn't working.

I'm confused.

• High Five High Five x 6
  7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

We need a big bruiser back to beat up the defense and then throw CJ in as a change of pace back like we had back in '08. A guy that can just grind out the tough yards and consistently get 3-4 yards putting us in more 3rd and short situations. I was watching Jacobs last night in the Giants game as he ran down hill and busted through people to get extra yards.

That one play where CJ decided to dance, then laid down in a soft spot on the field instead of lowering his pads and fighting for that extra 1/2 a yard is a perfect example of why our run game sucks. If he would have just went for the first down there I think we have a different outcome to this game. We wouldn't have had that fade to the endzone on 3rd and 1 or that failed 4th down conversion that I actually think we got. A lot of it is attitude, and I know our O line hasn't been the best either but still, when you want to be "paid like a play maker" then go make plays! If you're a play maker that means you should be able to make things happen single-handedly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but the little dude got payed!

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Huh?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are not the only one the 2nd post in this thread apparently didn't read the first but high fived it anyway.

The run up the middle to CJ with no TOs was moronic but the fade call was excellent. Should have been a TD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar