Chris Johnson & The 30 day rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He has to show up on August 10th....my birthday sweet.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hadn't thought of this at all, but it's good leverage. When does training camp start this year?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I read that article earlier and did the math...

CJ would be in camp by August 9. Camp usually begins the last Friday of July which is the 30th. The first preseason game is August 14.

So we're talking about CJ holding out for only 11 days of training camp. I don't see him willing to risk a year's eligibility but I might be wrong.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Seems to me CJ would stand to make more money by holding out than by coming into camp and gaining future FA eligibility. The money now is much more valuable if I were in his shoes.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^ which says "my value is depreciating by the minute"..

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well CJ also needs so many years of NFLPA service to qualify for retirement as well.

He'll do what he has too IMO

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think it says..."My value is appreciating every minute, and my time over the next 3 years is so valuable that it is worth a hell of lot more than one extra year of FA money a few years from now."

Money now is a lot more valuable than money future. That's just basic financing. Money makes money.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he has money now, just sayin'

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Uh, I could care less about Chris Johnson's bank account. I'm talking his football value, which very well could be the same as a GM vehicle - depreciating significantly after a 4 year lease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar