Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chris Johnson running with elite company

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

Titans running back Chris Johnson reached the 1,000-yard mark last week for the fifth consecutive season, which placed him in some pretty elite company.

Johnson became just the eighth player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in his first five seasons, joining Barry Sanders, Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin, Eddie George, Eric Dickerson, LaDainian Tomlinson and Tony Dorsett.

Johnson, who has 1,037 yards on the season, said he’s aware of his surroundings.

“Of course you pay attention to those kinds of things,” Johnson said. “But you have to put that in the back of your mind and if you are doing all the right things, the other stuff will come with it.”

The fifth year running back also said there’s plenty to play for despite the fact the Titans are out of playoff contention. The Titans face the Jets on Monday night. Johnson has averaged 113 yards in three career games on Monday Night Football.

“I am very fired up,’’ Johnson said. “I never pack it in early when I know we are not going to the playoffs or anything like that. As far as team goals you really can’t make it to the playoffs, but you try and build momentum for next year and work on personal goals. You know everybody would like to make it to the Pro Bowl.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

Obie09 high fives this.
  2. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    Crazy that only 8 players have done that. CJ has really racked up some impressive things in his first 5 years stat wise. Seems like every few weeks he's breaking some record or becoming one of the first few to do something.
    Titans Eternal and CJtheBeast high five this.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,958
    It is crazy cause he does it 2-yards at a time
    Titans Eternal and Obie09 high five this.
  4. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Yet he somehow averages 4.6 yards per carry while doing it 2 yards at a time.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  5. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    CJ has become the whipping boy for anything that is wong with the team. It makes some people feel good to bash him. It is a way to feel better when you don't have anything intelligent or important to say.
  6. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $753
    Its like saying wiffin is just as good as all the other pro bowlers. Lmao. Lol lol lol cough cough cough. Right?
    • Tip Jar Donor

mike75 Starter

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,573
    Only 8 players have done it and 2 were Titans.

We've always had a good history with running backs
  7. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,858
    CJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

JJJEENNNNNNKKKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    SawdustMan high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,920
    lol
    Ryno, titan_fan_4ever and Titans Eternal high five this.
  8. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,811
    regardless this type of publicity is going to benefit the team - i mean who knows, if we do decide to trade him, this will only increase his value.

GoT: I saw that interview or script somewhere today, i didnt like how he put it. He shoulda just stopped or at least focused on trying to build momentum for next year.