chris henry 2006 season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I have to admit that I was worried about the pick. But right now I am just hoping for the best. I hope he amazes us all. He looks to have the tools to do it, lets see if he has the instincts.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, he definitely looks the part, and has speed. I just worry about his tons of negatives compared to his pounds of positives.
    [​IMG]

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

LT went in the second round also....nobody was that impressed with him at the time.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

LT?

the only LT i can think of that went in the second round would be lamont thompson. the other LTs went in the top 5.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

#5-LADAINIAN TOMLINSON Texas Christian University Horned Frogs 5:10.0-221

ANALYSIS
    Positives... Well-built athlete with an outstanding size/speed package... Flashes quick moves off the snap and is very effective scanning the field when taking a pitch-out...Shows determination and power running between the tackles...Has a compact build and a strong lower frame that allows him to run through arm tackles...Shows strength breaking into the secondary... Takes good angles trying to accelerate past the line...Has good veer and weave running with the ball...Protects the ball securely and displays solid route-running skills with proper hand extension going for the screen passes...Very quick and decisive getting to off-target throws...Stands his ground firmly as a blocker picking up the blitz, facing up to deliver a forceful hand punch.

Negatives... Works better when taking the pitch-out, lacking the sudden moves to get off the snap from the proper stance...<b>For all of his power, he seems to prefer to run out of bounds rather than turn upfield to gain extra yardage...not that productive when called upon to take the ball up the middle...</b>Looks to make the "home run" plays too often, developing a reliance on that factor... Better when he gets a rolling start (best with a few yards to build up), <b>but still lacks that explosive burst you'd want in a player with his quickness...Little tight in the hips, preventing him from developing any "shake-&-bake" moves...Willing blocker, but not one who can rock the defender back...Shows strength breaking low tackles, but does not have that quick first step to avoid nor does he use his power to move the pile.</b>

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are correct, he went 5th overall. I was thinking he went 5th in the second round.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That report on Tomlinson is weird. says he had excellent size? One of the main knocks against him was that he was too small to be an everydown back.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's exactly why we shouldn't think quoting scouting reports to each other really gets us anywhere...

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I know - I've come to hate the scouting reports that get posted on the net for that reason... make no sense. Found one on Ladainian that said he was in NO WAY a feature back. lol I've seen at least 2 this season where they called the player by the wrong name... obviously a bad cut/paste job. Chris Henry supposedly has "potential character issues" - it's more like his college coach did. I can't wait to just see these guys in action against pro players in a pro system. Henry could be anywhere from a total bust to another Eddie George, and we should be able to tell in a couple of months.

10. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

excuses

Gloat,

I think the problem is not so much your reasoning skills but your grasp of vocabulary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/excuse

Excuse:

an explanation offered as a reason for being excused; a plea offered in extenuation of a fault or for release from an obligation, promise, etc.: His excuse for being late was unacceptable.

Reason:

a basis or cause

The question is not are people looking for exuses... well yeah, duh.... but are the excuses.... the release of fault... Valid

Should he be excused?

The evidence presented so far would say yes... no one will ever really know. But so far the basis or causes presented do seem to release Henry from most of the fault of his less than appealing college stats.

So instead of saying people are offering excuses as some kind of accusation of faulty logic... please look at the logic itself and see if the excuses found are true ones or are ones of hopeful/ wishful thinking.

So far I would lean toward the former rather than the later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar